Sports Bar Table Dispenser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbutler

Reaction score
I was at a local sports bar here in Seattle this weekend when I saw this neat setup for having "draft" beer at your table:

beerdispenser.jpg

Apologies for the blurry cell phone pic. It's basically a plastic pedestal on which is mounted a large clear tube that you can fill with brew. There's a tap on the bottom. Apparently you order it and the waiter brings it filled to your table. Didn't have time to bother the staff since I saw it on the way out the door.

I've tried a couple restaurant shops and looked around on the web, but no luck so far. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of this thing is?

You can find them on ebay pretty cheap.

Frankly, I think they are just a gimmick. If you need more than a beer at a time, what's wrong with a pitcher? That long, skinny tube will get warm faster (more surface area).

Those have been around for some time. There is a smaller tube within the larger tube that is filled with ice to keep the beer cold. My wife bought one from some catalog a couple years ago. It's a neat thing to have in the basement, but we used it once when we first got it and haven't used it since.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=beer+tower#q=beer+tower&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=lOAmTvyXA8P30gGg4vzzCg&ved=0CEsQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c0cb5ce09c233542&biw=1280&bih=699[/ame]

Gimmicky nonsense. My beer won't be going in one of these.

In France this is quite popular to get better prices in bars by ordering more at a time. It is called "une girafe" (I am sure that you understand why). It is basically the equivalent of a pitcher, just bigger. Let me tell you that beer did not have time to warm up :)

Now is it useful to have this at home, in addition to your keezer ? I am not sure.
But it is definitely a nice way to present your beer while having some friends over for a party.

Just be warned that if you aren't drinking it fast enough, it will get warm.

There was a place here in London (Ontario) called Taps On Talbot that sold a tap like this to bring to the table. It had a column full of ice in the middle to keep the beer cold as you drink.:ban:

Thanks for all the information! Seems that searching for "beer tube" rather than "beer column" is the key that I was missing... I don't ordinarily rely on others to do my Googling for me, so I'm much obliged.

Looks like there are plenty of choices. Seems that I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but that's a problem easily solved. Thanks again to everyone who helped me dig!

Interesting alternative to a pitcher for gimmicky use in a restaurant. But I don't see any application at home.

Back