Split Clarity Ferm in Bulk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

716brewer

Reaction score
Anybody interested in splitting Clarity Ferm in bulk? I am located in Western NY and would be willing to coordinate and ship (assuming you pay the cost of shipping). The 10mL Clarity Ferm vials are diluted versions of industry strength Clarity Ferm. The smallest size available is 1L, which I can get for around $120 locally. Split 4 ways, it would be ~$30 (plus shipping) for 250mL. If it is anything like the vials, it should last at least 1 year. Using the calculator on the White Labs website listing for Clarity Ferm, a 1.050 single batch of beer with <20% wheat malt requires 3mL. Higher strength requires more, or larger % wheat malt requires double. A 10 gallon batch of 50% wheat malt, 1.050 OG, requires 11mL. For me, I would easily use 250mL in 2 years. Even with the cost, 7 or batches in and you would break even. For those of us that brew often enough and use a 10mL vial for every batch, it is well worth it.

More info. Price is now $100 shipped (found somewhere online). Also, Amazon sells 100 packs of individually wrapped sterile disposable syringes for about $20, which eliminates the worry of dosing, so each person would get 25 for an added $5. So $30/person, plus shipping to your residence. Expiration June 2020, and White labs confirmed efficacy beyond the expiration date with the suggestion to add double dose. So I imagine this can be used through the end of 2020 at least. At $30/person for at least 80 or so batches worth, how can any gluten sensitive brewer pass this up?

The trend over the past few years on this forum seems to be toward gluten free brewing, rather than gluten reduced. That being said, there were a couple of people who were using Clarity Ferm in their sorghum based brews. Maybe try shooting them an IM?

I would be interested .My wife has a gluten intolerance, not Ciliac and have been using clarify ferm in beers she drinks and she had had no issues. So keep me in mind.

Hey 716brewer,
Did you ever get anything sorted regards a bulk bottle of Clarity ferm?
I am quite keen on a share, not only to save a bit on cost, but the packaging for those little 10mls is incredibly wasteful.
Let me know if you still want to do something.
Rob.

@Robert Pace where are you located? WNY? I took a hiatus from brewing but got back into it recently and already got sick of buying the 5mL vials again. I am starting to look into the availability again. Vials are pretty cheap on amazon (look up item B074QKMF2G as an example).

I meant empty vial that we could split a full batch into.
@Robert Pace where are you located? WNY? I took a hiatus from brewing but got back into it recently and already got sick of buying the 5mL vials again. I am starting to look into the availability again. Vials are pretty cheap on amazon (look up item B074QKMF2G as an example).

Hi 716brewer, sorry for delay coming back to you, my push notifications were turned off....
I am actually in the UK, so that won't help much....I tried the Amazon reference but it comes up dead, a link might help?
I have actually found a source here called "brewers clarity" in the UK but the MOQ is 1kg at around £200/250 dollars.
Sounds expensive but enough to treat around 2000 batches (full strength professional product).
If we could get more people interested... I would be happy with 250ml (500 treatments) for £50 or so, might look at possibly repackaging a few at lower quantity's for resale.
The only problem is the lack of interest, it might just be us that wants it .. ;-)

Anyone else reading this wants some, stick your hand up now...!

Not sure if anyone is still doing this but I'd be happy to buy 250 ML of Clarity ferm.

Back