Split Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasenRendon

Reaction score
Hello, I am receiving a 15 gallon kettle this Saturday so that I can start my transition to BIAB.
I have a recipe that I found on here for a Partial Mash. I have read that you want to boil as much as possible. Before, I would just boil 2.5 gallons, cool the wort, then top off with water.
The only issue is that we are brewing this Friday and unless I get the kettle early, I'll only have two 3 gallon kettles. I was wondering if I could split the recipe in half, mash and boil in both kettles, then cool each separately and add to the same fermenter? I was wondering if this would work better than just using one kettle and topping off with water. This will be my last time having this issue, but want to make sure it'll work before we try it.
If anyone wants to see the recipe I can post that as well. It was on here named as "Ragin Red Ale"

Yes you can brew with two kettles and combine in the fermenter. This will be much more efficient than topping w water

I actually was surprised and got my kettle early! I believe you are the person that sells the BIAB bags correct? I plan on buying from you next :) thanks for the help!

Back