Spike Trio and Brewfather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCoutdoors

Reaction score
I was not sure which section would be better for this question, electric brewing or software, but figured I would start here. Long story short I brew with a buddy of mine who just replaced his Blichmann TopTier system with a 20gal Spike Trio system. We primarily use Brewfather for recipe creation and tracking with Tilts. We were able to dial in an equipment profile for the old system fairly easily off of the default Brewfather profile. This whole new HERMS system changes things up for us and I don't want to screw up recipes if we don't have to and want to get the equipment profile set up correctly. There is a built-in profile for the Spike Solo in Brewfather but nothing for the Trio. I was wanting to see if anyone has set one up before and have suggestions on best settings. Thanks!

I have an electric brewery and am just moving to Brewfather and I think the only thing I can do is trial and error my equipment profile until it gets closer to working. It took me a while to get the recipe to come up with numbers that match Brewers Friend (which I constantly hit these numbers on brew day)

Back