Spicy Wine Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corn_Bug

Reaction score
I'm looking for a recipe for a spicy pepper wine to make as a gift. I want it to be hot but not completely unbearable. Does anyone have any recs? I was planning on trying a raspberry wine with maybe a half dozen jalapenos with seeds added during fermentation. Someone suggested i make a pepper infused liquor and add it to the finished raspberry wine but if possible id rather not go that route. Hope this is the correct place for this post if not please point me in the right direction.

If you check the mead recipes there are spiced and jalapeño recipes that could prob be adapted for wines.

If you check the mead recipes there are spiced and jalapeño recipes that could prob be adapted for wines.
Yeppers [emoji106]

I use store bought sliced jalapenos in both my ciders & hard lemonades....turns out great! Considering habenaros...to move heat back in mouth....so sweetness hits first. May jalapeno up some of my upcoming Welches vino. [emoji16]

Cheers [emoji111]

Are you talking about the jalapeno slices in vinager? I thought putting vinager in wine was a bad idea.
Yep....from Sam's. Works awesome! [emoji106]

I drain em & toss em right in....post fermentation.

Cheers [emoji111]

About how long do you leave them? Just threw some in my Tepache.
In my ciders & hard lemonades....just leave em in the 1gal containers I pour from till the magic fluid is gone [emoji111]

Only seems to take a day or two to impart their flavor/heat. I will shake the 1gal containers a couple time each day during this time. [emoji41]

Cheers [emoji111]

Back