Spicy beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaunine

Reaction score
I like hot things and was wanting to brew a spicy beer. Does anyone have a good recipe they would be willing to help me out with?

Spicy like chili peppers or black pepper? I made a tripel with black pepper in it, has a nice kick to it but hurts my stomach if I drink a whole 22 ouncer in a couple swigs :)

My boss grows awesome chili peppers in his garden and gives me tons of them every year. Last year, I dropped two into the primary of a porter about 4 days into fermentation. The beer was fantastic. I took them out when I kegged because I was afraid it would be too spicy, but next time I will probably leave them, or use more.

Definitely start with less though to get a feel for it.

@airborneguy what kind of peppers did you put into your porter, I've got a batch that's aging right now and would like to bottle a few with peppers to experiment, saving the rest for the keg.

I was thinking of doing something with and IPA cause I like the hop didn't know if it would go good with spice

6 Habaneros, 6 Serranos and 6 Jalepenos (all whole) in a blender with just enough Vodka to get it liquified. A "red ale" kit beer from lhbs was dropped onto the devil's blend in secondary and sat for short while. Long enough to clear. I love this beer. But I'm the only one. Called "Hot Ass Beer". Nobody else will drink it, which is fine by me. More for me.

bratdmd said:
6 Habaneros, 6 Serranos and 6 Jalepenos (all whole) in a blender with just enough Vodka to get it liquified. A "red ale" kit beer from lhbs was dropped onto the devil's blend in secondary and sat for short while. Long enough to clear. I love this beer. But I'm the only one. Called "Hot Ass Beer". Nobody else will drink it, which is fine by me. More for me.

That would be hot I might try it

Back