Spiced Hard Cider. Any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesFargus

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the cider brewing process, although I do have a couple successful batches under my belt. Until now, I have not really experimented with many different flavors or anything like that and often stuck to making simple ciders. I would be interested in adding some different flavors to my next batch, but I've read lukewarm reactions to adding spices to the primary.

My question is what kind of spices and/or other flavors have you guys experimented with in your cider brews. How successful were you? And when did you add these flavorings to your batch. Thanks a lot!

I had some good results with adding a "spice tea" to my cider after fermentation. I soaked some cinnamon and clove in a small amount of rum (just enough to cover it) and let it sit for a couple of days then dumped that in. I put enough just to be subtle, but it turned out great

Back