Spent Grain is Gone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Ya'll have seen pics of Bambi taking care of my spent grain. It was taken while I was chilling the wort today. The stuff is gone already. I think they smell beer brewing....:cross:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could use that video as a commercial for your new deer bait that you could sell to hunters. Hunting season is right around the corner.

Beerrific said:
You could use that video as a commercial for your new deer bait that you could sell to hunters. Hunting season is right around the corner.
Yep. I coaxed this 10 point Buck up close to my front door with a few strawberries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously. Get a hunting license and a few tags!! brew some beer and shoot some deer! Grub out on fresh game the next day!!!! mmmmmmm...... venison.......(however you spell it!! LOL!)

Grimsawyer said:
Seriously. Get a hunting license and a few tags!! brew some beer and shoot some deer! Grub out on fresh game the next day!!!! mmmmmmm...... venison.......(however you spell it!! LOL!)

Getting them that close you shouldn't hunt with a gun... not a sport then. Use a bow or a spear. My brother used to go long spear hunting for deer. That **** was awesome to watch.

Not to be all animal rights wacko and stuff, but if a deer is hanging out that close to humans, grab a gun and kill him.

That animal clearly has little fear of humans, will be hanging out around people, could easily be hit by a car, will probably be injured by something man-made, and the head would look damn good hanging over your brewery, while the meat would be tasty as sausage.

Yeah, I could, but then SWMBO would use it on me. :D Our little neighborhood in Bee Cave is a bunch of homes on acreage and we have loads of deer. We have not had a road kill problem as they stay off the roads most of the time. Usually someone will tag a fawn that jumps in front of a car, but that's about it.

Now if I could get a spear like the Spartans used in the movie 300......

There are a small number of people around here who hunt deer with knives (in many cases, because they have a record & can't own a gun). Had three deer in the meadow Tuesday. Got in through the gate & had trouble figuring out how to leave when the greys showed some interest. The fawn kept trying to run through the hogwire fence. I finally opened the gate wide & took the dogs for a long walk. "Doesn't take many brains to sneak up on a leaf."

david_42 said:
There are a small number of people around here who hunt deer with knives (in many cases, because they have a record & can't own a gun). Had three deer in the meadow Tuesday. Got in through the gate & had trouble figuring out how to leave when the greys showed some interest. The fawn kept trying to run through the hogwire fence. I finally opened the gate wide & took the dogs for a long walk. "Doesn't take many brains to sneak up on a leaf."

Holy ****, knives? I thought I'd won the pissing contest talking about spear hunting! LOL :D

I had a friend in high school (deep south alabama) named Rock. He used to tell a story about killing a deer with a knife. Complete BS. But was a helluva a story.

I met a hispanic guy on the jobsite who told me he killed them with a rock and a flashlight. I don't think he was kidding either.

Yeah, I could, but then SWMBO would use it on me. :D Our little neighborhood in Bee Cave is a bunch of homes on acreage and we have loads of deer. We have not had a road kill problem as they stay off the roads most of the time. Usually someone will tag a fawn that jumps in front of a car, but that's about it.

Now if I could get a spear like the Spartans used in the movie 300......

You are in business!:

'+picTitle+'<\/title><\/head><body background="'+picURL+'"><\/body><\/html>'); newWindow.resizeBy(picName.width-newWindow.document.body.clientWidth, picName.height-newWindow.document.body.clientHeight); newWindow.focus(); } function OnClickAddToCart(

....they have other models, too. :)

I met a hispanic guy on the jobsite who told me he killed them with a rock and a flashlight. I don't think he was kidding either.

Dude, I just **** my pants when I read that. I completely agree with that and believe it. There are some crazy mo foes out there.

Ó Flannagáin;362500 said:
Getting them that close you shouldn't hunt with a gun... not a sport then. Use a bow or a spear. My brother used to go long spear hunting for deer. That **** was awesome to watch.

I bet Ed could take down a buck with a knife.

Back