Quantcast

Spent Grain is Gone!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

EdWort

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
11,893
Reaction score
443
Location
Bee Cave, Texas
Ya'll have seen pics of Bambi taking care of my spent grain.
It was taken while I was chilling the wort today. The stuff is gone already. I think they smell beer brewing....:cross:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Beerrific

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
5,537
Reaction score
61
Location
Georgia
You could use that video as a commercial for your new deer bait that you could sell to hunters. Hunting season is right around the corner.
 
OP
EdWort

EdWort

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
11,893
Reaction score
443
Location
Bee Cave, Texas
Beerrific said:
You could use that video as a commercial for your new deer bait that you could sell to hunters. Hunting season is right around the corner.
Yep.
I coaxed this 10 point Buck up close to my front door with a few strawberries.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Grimsawyer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
877
Reaction score
7
Location
Salem, OR
Seriously. Get a hunting license and a few tags!! brew some beer and shoot some deer! Grub out on fresh game the next day!!!! mmmmmmm...... venison.......(however you spell it!! LOL!)
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,998
Reaction score
37
Location
Wichita Falls, Tx
Grimsawyer said:
Seriously. Get a hunting license and a few tags!! brew some beer and shoot some deer! Grub out on fresh game the next day!!!! mmmmmmm...... venison.......(however you spell it!! LOL!)
Getting them that close you shouldn't hunt with a gun... not a sport then. Use a bow or a spear. My brother used to go long spear hunting for deer. That **** was awesome to watch.
 

Sir Humpsalot

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
93
Not to be all animal rights wacko and stuff, but if a deer is hanging out that close to humans, grab a gun and kill him.

That animal clearly has little fear of humans, will be hanging out around people, could easily be hit by a car, will probably be injured by something man-made, and the head would look damn good hanging over your brewery, while the meat would be tasty as sausage.
 
OP
EdWort

EdWort

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
11,893
Reaction score
443
Location
Bee Cave, Texas
Yeah, I could, but then SWMBO would use it on me. :D Our little neighborhood in Bee Cave is a bunch of homes on acreage and we have loads of deer. We have not had a road kill problem as they stay off the roads most of the time. Usually someone will tag a fawn that jumps in front of a car, but that's about it.

Now if I could get a spear like the Spartans used in the movie 300......
 

david_42

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
25,582
Reaction score
180
Location
Oak Grove
There are a small number of people around here who hunt deer with knives (in many cases, because they have a record & can't own a gun). Had three deer in the meadow Tuesday. Got in through the gate & had trouble figuring out how to leave when the greys showed some interest. The fawn kept trying to run through the hogwire fence. I finally opened the gate wide & took the dogs for a long walk. "Doesn't take many brains to sneak up on a leaf."
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,998
Reaction score
37
Location
Wichita Falls, Tx
david_42 said:
There are a small number of people around here who hunt deer with knives (in many cases, because they have a record & can't own a gun). Had three deer in the meadow Tuesday. Got in through the gate & had trouble figuring out how to leave when the greys showed some interest. The fawn kept trying to run through the hogwire fence. I finally opened the gate wide & took the dogs for a long walk. "Doesn't take many brains to sneak up on a leaf."
Holy ****, knives? I thought I'd won the pissing contest talking about spear hunting! LOL :D

I had a friend in high school (deep south alabama) named Rock. He used to tell a story about killing a deer with a knife. Complete BS. But was a helluva a story.
 

woosterhoot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
I met a hispanic guy on the jobsite who told me he killed them with a rock and a flashlight. I don't think he was kidding either.
 

rico567

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
3,016
Reaction score
97
Location
Central IL
Yeah, I could, but then SWMBO would use it on me. :D Our little neighborhood in Bee Cave is a bunch of homes on acreage and we have loads of deer. We have not had a road kill problem as they stay off the roads most of the time. Usually someone will tag a fawn that jumps in front of a car, but that's about it.

Now if I could get a spear like the Spartans used in the movie 300......
You are in business!:

'+picTitle+'<\/title><\/head><body background="'+picURL+'"><\/body><\/html>'); newWindow.resizeBy(picName.width-newWindow.document.body.clientWidth, picName.height-newWindow.document.body.clientHeight); newWindow.focus(); } function OnClickAddToCart(

....they have other models, too. :)
 

Matt Up North

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
2,023
Reaction score
13
Location
Santa Rosa, CA
I met a hispanic guy on the jobsite who told me he killed them with a rock and a flashlight. I don't think he was kidding either.
Dude, I just **** my pants when I read that. I completely agree with that and believe it. There are some crazy mo foes out there.
 

mrkristofo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
917
Reaction score
7
Location
Behind the zion curtain
Ó Flannagáin;362500 said:
Getting them that close you shouldn't hunt with a gun... not a sport then. Use a bow or a spear. My brother used to go long spear hunting for deer. That **** was awesome to watch.
I bet Ed could take down a buck with a knife.
 

Latest posts

Top