Specialty grains in beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauxtoe

Reaction score
Where does one add in the specialty grains that won't be boiled for the 60 minute duration but just at 160* for thirty minutes prior to boil?

Also where do you add things that will be added into the secondary?

Thanks for the help!

Where you add things to a recipe depends on what you are trying to add. I am assuming that you need to add things to a recipe. Specialty grains would be added in the Grain Section. This section would also contain other fermentables such as honey, sugars, etc. If you want to add things to the secondary (I am assuming hops for dry hopping) you would add them in using the hops additions. You would then tell the program that you want them in the secondary. This is similar to adding them to the boil where you tell the program that you want them at 60 minutes, or 30 minutes, or 10 minutes left in the boil. I hope that this helps. Mark

fauxtoe said:
Where does one add in the specialty grains that won't be boiled for the 60 minute duration but just at 160* for thirty minutes prior to boil?

Also where do you add things that will be added into the secondary?

Thanks for the help!

If you set your equipment for extract brewing it should place the grains in a steeping section which is what I assume you are doing?

When you select the grains there is also a drop down menu towards the bottom that lets you select whether it mashed, boiled , etc.

The same holds true when adding ingredients to secondary, just select "dry hop"

When you print your brew sheet everything should then be where it's supposed to be

Back