Sparkling White Welch's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonedog

Reaction score
OK, here is the deal.

I want to make (if possible) 3 gallons of a sweet sparkling white, from Welch's.....this just has to be easy and tasty....something to put in a gallon jug to break out on a KY summer night when on the back porch with neighbors shooting the bull or playing cards....

I want it sweet and hopefully bubbly.

Tell me how!

OK, here is the deal.

I want to make (if possible) 3 gallons of a sweet sparkling white, from Welch's.....this just has to be easy and tasty....something to put in a gallon jug to break out on a KY summer night when on the back porch with neighbors shooting the bull or playing cards....

I want it sweet and hopefully bubbly.

Tell me how!

"Sweet" and "bubbly" both are tough. It's because the yeast doesn't quit, and can't tell the difference between your intentions to have it sweet (and stop fermenting) and bubbly (and keep fermenting).

There are two ways to do it. Once involves using beer bottles (not corks!) and caps and pasteurizing. We have a "sticky" in the cider forum on how to do that. I've never done it, so I have no input on that.

Another way to do it is to use unfermentable sweeteners for the "sweet" part, like splenda or other non-sugar sweeteners. The yeast won't ferment that, and you can still prime with sugar for bottle carbonation. Again, bottle in beer bottles and crown caps!

Back