sparge technique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank1598

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to have so help to sparge so if you have any good technic to do it I would like to know

thank you all

francis

Batch sparging and using a cooler tun with SS braid is about the easiest way to go.

I personally use a copper manifold in a 10 gallon rectangular cooler and batch sparge. There are two basic types of sparging and many variations in equipment and process of them, especially for batch sparging.

My process is to place water and grain in the mash tun, mix it up and let it rest. When it's rest is done I vorlauf and drain the cooler and add some water to "rinse" the sugars from the grain some more. I let it sit a minute or two to let the big chunks of grain hit the bottom and then vorlauf again and drain the cooler again. I might repeat the rinse another time depending on how efficient I want to be compared to how lazy I am.

That's pretty much it.

Back