Spade terminal max amperage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renevdb

Reaction score
What is the max amperage for 1/4" spade connectors? I see contradicting information with 15, 24, 30 and 48 amp ratings.

You need to post the voltage you are running to get a better answer, the current rating will vary depending on voltage.

IMHO spade connectors aren't that great. If they are loose the connection generates heat which changes the tempering of the terminal, which makes them loose ...

You need to post the voltage you are running to get a better answer, the current rating will vary depending on voltage.

IMHO spade connectors aren't that great. If they are loose the connection generates heat which changes the tempering of the terminal, which makes them loose ...

Voltage will be 240, received a free contacter with only spade connections. But it rated 30A/600V so I was thinking of adding it to my panel but a little afraid of the spades.

You could always solder to the tabs and not bother with spades.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Voltage will be 240, received a free contacter with only spade connections. But it rated 30A/600V so I was thinking of adding it to my panel but a little afraid of the spades.
Can you ID the contactor and post a link to it? There is a strong possiblity that there are other connections available.

Help us help you.

Back