Southern Tier 2xIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbaldman

Reaction score
Just trying this today. Absolutely awesome!!! They pulled off a great DIPA without cloying sweetness that is all too common. This beer is a new favorite for me. Rather than just cranking up the volume of their IPA on all levels, they finessed it to make a very well balanced big beer. Well done.

I first saw it a month or two ago but wasn't in the mood for the "next level" in DIPA/IIPA/UberIPA. I wish I had bought some sooner. Great stuff.

totally agree here! This stuff is excellent. I was hitting a local bar that has alot of craft brews on tap when they had this. Might have to stop for a sixer of it soon ... that'd hit the spot right about now. heh

It is a very good beer. I have had quite a lot of it. When I buy beer, which is not very often now Souther Tier beers are ones I look for.

Souther Tier makes several beers that I really like. Their Iniquity Dark Ale ( Black IPA)is another one to try. yummy

I too really enjoy this beer. I had it the first time when it was first released a little while ago. The beer bar I go to runs specials on glassware give aways or other promotions for special releases. If you bought one pint you got a nice southern teir pint glass. If you ordered two (which wasn't published) you got a sweet 2XIPA 16 oz glass. It's one of my favorites.

I might have to brew a clone of this. Has anyone attempted a clone yet?

I'm more a fan of their wheats the 422 is really good. Of course the brewery is 15 minutes from my house.
Although Unearthy gets my votes for the IPA's.

I'm just upset they won't fill a corny.

I'm more a fan of their wheats the 422 is really good. Of course the brewery is 15 minutes from my house.
Although Unearthy gets my votes for the IPA's.

I'm just upset they won't fill a corny.

Hey GunFighter, I live in Warren. Did you know about the homebrew club out of Erie? We just had a meeting last weekend.

Back