Southern Ontario Gilbertson & Page Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to say thanks again for organizing this Brad and I appreciate every southern Canadian's follow through.

Cheers to good beer
BeerCanuck

I just want to say thanks again for organizing this Brad and I appreciate every southern Canadian's follow through.

Cheers to good beer
BeerCanuck
My pleasure! I'll post a list of deficiencies tomorrow and we can all figure out what we want to do to correct. It definitely looks like the pale chocolate will be dropped. Everything else actually looks good with some minor tweaks.

I tweaked the numbers for vienna to get down to a single sack and I've removed the pale chocolate as we couldn't get interest in even half a bag. I've updated the spreadsheet to include individual totals so please take a minute to review the link below and make sure you're happy.

Google Docs - September 2009 Group Buy

Once we get an OK from everyone we can figure out the date we want to do this thing. I'd be fine with next weekend assuming they have stock on everything (I will confirm on Tuesday).

I tweaked the numbers for vienna to get down to a single sack and I've removed the pale chocolate as we couldn't get interest in even half a bag. I've updated the spreadsheet to include individual totals so please take a minute to review the link below and make sure you're happy.

Google Docs - September 2009 Group Buy

Once we get an OK from everyone we can figure out the date we want to do this thing. I'd be fine with next weekend assuming they have stock on everything (I will confirm on Tuesday).

Numbers look good to me. Thanks again Brad!:mug:

Paul

OK since everyone is in agreement, I'll confirm stock availability on Tuesday. As far as I can remember there are no taxes on malt so the total under your name in the spreadsheet should be correct (I will also confirm pricing on Tuesday).

Any suggestions on the when and where to do the exchange? I think Hamilton would work best for Rod and BeerCanuck. Kitchener would probably be best for LayMeister and brucepepper. Since it's not exactly a long way for me I'd be willing to do a drop in each place rather than have those guys go all the way down to Hamilton.

Comments/suggestions/ideas?

Hey guys, found this thread via google... I'm heading up to G&P sometime soon, and I'm in Kitchener, but I would be interested in splitting up some crystal malts and stuff.

Hey guys, found this thread via google... I'm heading up to G&P sometime soon, and I'm in Kitchener, but I would be interested in splitting up some crystal malts and stuff.
Welcome to HBT! :mug: Be sure to join the Canadian Brewers group (link in my sig).

The order isn't final yet, take a look at the info farther up in the thread (there is a product list) and also take a look at the google spreadsheet. Decide what you want and we'll see what we can work out!

brewtime is good for me but it has to be later in afternoon on saturday as i work saturdays.
i work in ayr so kitchener works for me too, don't want you to have to make two trips brad

brewtime is good for me but it has to be later in afternoon on saturday as i work saturdays.
i work in ayr so kitchener works for me too, don't want you to have to make two trips brad

I live near the 401 and Homer Watson in Kitchener. This is only about 15 minutes from Ayr. I could pick up you stuff in Guelph at Brad's and you could get pick it up from me.

Paul

I live near the 401 and Homer Watson in Kitchener. This is only about 15 minutes from Ayr. I could pick up you stuff in Guelph at Brad's and you could get pick it up from me.

Paul

i need to pay brad though - not set up for e-mail interac

I don't mind going down to Hamilton, it's been ages since I've been to Brewtime. The Italian place in the plaza next door is one of my favourites too. :D

I emailed G&P a few minutes ago to confirm stock and pricing, I will update the spreadsheet and post here when I get the info back. As for payment, I'm willing to trust you guys so cash at the pickup is just fine. If you can't make the pickup for whatever reason and somebody is going to hold your order for you, I don't mind a cheque in the mail if you don't have that email interac thing through your bank.

i thought it might be nice if we could meet at 1 place to see each other and do an informal beer swap - get some pics to post here - show us canucks aren't all drunken loners in igloos:D

i thought it might be nice if we could meet at 1 place to see each other and do an informal beer swap - get some pics to post here - show us canucks aren't all drunken loners in igloos:D
Ya that would be great! :D Don't know if anyone would believe us but we can try!

Anybody have suggestions for a good location?

Brad,

I might not be able to spare much time this Saturday so if the main pick up happens in the Hamilton area I might not be able to make it. If this is the case, can I pick it up at your place sometime this weekend?

Brad,

I might not be able to spare much time this Saturday so if the main pick up happens in the Hamilton area I might not be able to make it. If this is the case, can I pick it up at your place sometime this weekend?

I'd also prefer a pickup in the Guelph/Kitchener area instead of Hamilton. I'm sorry this is turning out to be a bit of a logistical challenge.

Paul

If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun. :)

As I said originally I don't mind doing a pickup in Kitchener and then down to Hamilton. I wouldn't mind hitting Brewtime anyway. I like Rod's idea of a meet up but we're all pretty far apart unfortunately. There's not much in the void between Hamilton/Kitchener/Brantford I don't think (anybody know a place?), so there's not much in the way of a convenient mid-point.

If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun. :)

As I said originally I don't mind doing a pickup in Kitchener and then down to Hamilton. I wouldn't mind hitting Brewtime anyway. I like Rod's idea of a meet up but we're all pretty far apart unfortunately. There's not much in the void between Hamilton/Kitchener/Brantford I don't think (anybody know a place?), so there's not much in the way of a convenient mid-point.

I had a look at a map. Seems like African Lion Safari is the center of our universe. ;) Otherwise the South side of Cambridge is also pretty central, but I don't know any place there where we could meet.

Paul

There's Grand River Brewing at the south end of Cambridge (their Mild Ale and Plowman's Ale are quite good). I'm not sure if they'd want us meeting there though, they don't have much of a parking lot. But there are lots of plaza's and stuff around there.

There's Grand River Brewing at the south end of Cambridge (their Mild Ale and Plowman's Ale are quite good). I'm not sure if they'd want us meeting there though, they don't have much of a parking lot. But there are lots of plaza's and stuff around there.

We could meet at Grand River Brewing and pick up a growler or two and then have the exchange at The Golden Kiwi about a block or two away. They have a good selection of micros on tap including the stuff from Grand River.

Paul

I haven't heard a peep out of G&P since my email yesterday and they're usually very quick to reply. I sent another today and if I don't hear from them by tomorrow at lunch I'll give them a call. Their website also appears to be down so I think they're probably just having ISP troubles.

Im cool with what ever is most convenient...kinda like Brewtime though.

I was just looking over the order
Looks like most have 0.2 of Crystal 110L
Just wondering if everyone is interested in 0.2 of Crystal 10L and 60L as well?

If there is a consensus.. cool.. if it complicates.. don't worry about it.

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Well I've had a fun night. Details in this thread over here. I'm hopeful it won't affect our meet up.

BeerCanuck I still don't mind coming down to Hamilton, I actually need to get a wine kit from them for my Sister.

Hey Brad,

That's really crappy about your truck. Make sure to take care of that stuff first, the beer supplies can wait as far as I'm concerned. Figure out your truck and insurance stuff and get that dude charged.

I think we'll be fine for the beer stuff. Now that I've had time to think and calm down a bit (beer helps with that of course!) it shouldnt' be a problem. Even if I don't get to the office tomorrow I can do the pickup at G&P tomorrow instead of Friday.

I got lucky and Speedy had a cancellation so my truck is back on the road as soon as the urethane has a chance to dry for an hour. So assuming G&P has stock and I can get a hold of them we should still be good for Saturday.

I figured no time like the present so I gave them a call and put the order in. I will pickup tomorrow at lunchtime, the prices on the spreadsheet are all correct.

Apparently my emails got picked up by the junk mail filter. :D

sorry about your truck brad - hope the cops get the guy.
have we decided on a place/time for the swap?

Thanks for all the kind words about my truck guys. What a downer that was, $300 bucks I could have spent on brewing related items, gone. :D

I'm thinking I could meet BeerCanuck at Brewtime around 11:30 or so if he's able. I need to get down there anyway as I mentioned and that will save him extending his drive by quite a bit. The rest of us could meet at Grand River Brewing at a time in the early afternoon?

i work till noon saturday so anytime after 1pm works for me - once i figure out where grand river brewing is.

i work till noon saturday so anytime after 1pm works for me - once i figure out where grand river brewing is.
I'm thinking 1:30 might be best. Gives me lots of time to get up there and shoot the breeze a bit at Brewtime (which I've been known to do :D).

Rod I linked to their website in a post farther up, they have a map. It's right down at the bottom end of Cambridge so it's not too hard to find.

Back