South Lake Tahoe Beer Stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score
What are the breweries or beer related things that I need to do while in South Lake Tahoe? I've been the The Brewery at LT and the one by Heavenly before. I saw a Facebook page for a Mt Tallac Brewing but google said it was closed. Anyone know for sure?

What are some must see/do beer related things? We'll hit Carson City at least once so I can get my In N Out fix but I don't think I'd make it all the way to Reno.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

don't know much about SLT, but I live on North Shore, and if you can make it to Truckee, then 50/50 Brewing is worth the trip!

I was there a little over a year ago. IMO, The BRewery at LT was so so. There is an awesome Hawaiian restaurant called Freshies. Amazing food. We ate there twice it was so good. And when we were there they had Pliny the Elder on tap. And from what I've heard they circulate Russian River beers along with other craft brews.

Oh yeah +1 to 50/50 brewing. I have a bottle of Concentrated Evil sitting in my stash right now!

Looks like Mt. Tallac was still open as of last week. Went there last year and had a couple nice beers, the people were great and I'd certainly go back.

KIAKillerXJ said:
don't know much about SLT, but I live on North Shore, and if you can make it to Truckee, then 50/50 Brewing is worth the trip!

Thanks for the heads up. To convince SWMBO to make that trek, are there any fun dog parks or walks up there? She's not a fan of driving just for beer but will do whatever it takes for the dogs.

Back