South Central Pa. Brew-Day 5/31/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
Brew-Day53108017-1.jpg

Brew-Day53108025.jpg

Brew-Day53108002.jpg

Brew-Day53108003.jpg

I see several photos of set ups in garages and/or outdoors (such as this one). I'm new to brewing, having only brewed 2 batches so far and still awaiting the results. The book I'm reading stresses cleanliness and sanitization....... so my question is :

Is sanitization obtainable in these environments?

I see several photos of set ups in garages and/or outdoors (such as this one). I'm new to brewing, having only brewed 2 batches so far and still awaiting the results. The book I'm reading stresses cleanliness and sanitization....... so my question is :

It sure is, the key is to cool the boiled wort quickly with a wort chiller and have a good yeast starter ready to start fermenting the beer ASAP. Of course risk of infection is higher in the summer because of the warm weather but I've brewed many a beer without a problem. BTW I'm the ugly F on the 1st picture, I brewed a Wit and a Saison on the brew day which I just started drinking. Good beers to brew in the summer and of course a good Weiss.

warrior

meh... sanitization is overrated.

Back