South Central Pa. Brew-Day 5/31/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FishinDave07

Reaction score
Nice! What were the brews? Oh, and do you have a video on youtube? Your backyard looks familiar :D

Gregules

Reaction score
I'm a little lost on this one...there appears to be a spigot, but we're siphoning?
Looks like a fun day.
And who’s the guy in the background with the stick? Is he there to beat away trespassers and vagrants? Looks like a great time. I’m jealous.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Looks like a good time! Too bad I missed this one, but keep me posted about the next one!

Jason

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
Likewise. Had to buy some beer time by taking the wife to a wine festival in Virginia. Man she's annoying when she gets drunk. :cross:

Warrior

Reaction score
Hey, what do you know.. I didn't know anyone brewed down in these parts?! I'm lookin for some brew partners.. [email protected]
We're actually a bit further east of you. I'm from York about an hour from you. I do go camping in Caledona once a year though. Most of the other brewers in the photo are from the lancaster area. Do you get in to York or Lancaster often?

lil' league

Reaction score
I can't say that I do; I was living in Colorado Springs for awhile, so I don't really know any brewers out this way.

Warrior

Reaction score
I can't say that I do; I was living in Colorado Springs for awhile, so I don't really know any brewers out this way.
Your welcome to head out this way and meet some local brewers. Tomorrow one of the Lancaster Homebrewers club members is having a brewday at his house. He is only about 10 mins from Rt 30 but probably about 1 1/2 hours from Chambersburg. Any plans for tomorrow?

lil' league

Reaction score
Your welcome to head out this way and meet some local brewers. Tomorrow one of the Lancaster Homebrewers club members is having a brewday at his house. He is only about 10 mins from Rt 30 but probably about 1 1/2 hours from Chambersburg. Any plans for tomorrow?
Sorry, I would have come out but I didn't get to the message in time.. Let me know when you guys get together for sure. PM or email me [email protected]

Warrior

Reaction score
Here's a few pics from last weekend.

Reminder for the South Central Pa brewers. My neighbors and I are having a pig roast on Sat Sept 20. You' re welcome to attend. Everyone brings a covered dish and of course some homebrew or other good beer. Pm me and I'll send you directions. It starts at 4:00 and runs until.

Warrior

Reaction score
Reminder for the South Central Pa brewers. My neighbors and I are having a pig roast on Sat Sept 20. You' re welcome to attend. Everyone brings a covered dish and of course some homebrew or other good beer. Pm me and I'll send you directions. It starts at 4:00 and runs until.
Just a bump about the pig roast. It's two weeks from this Sat. If your interested PM me and I'll send directions.

SnaX

Reaction score
Im lookin through the old pics, and i have to say I don't see any hop plants on that big spread of property.... are there? there should be! :D

OP
Evets

Evets

Reaction score
Yes there are. That's my place. There are 4, 3year old plants and 14 new plants this year. of several varieties. I harvested about 3 pounds, dry, this year. Mostly cascade.

SnaX

Reaction score
Yes there are. That's my place. There are 4, 3year old plants and 14 new plants this year. of several varieties. I harvested about 3 pounds, dry, this year. Mostly cascade.
SWEET! :D You have any pictures of 'em? Hmmmmm ? :D
And the yard looks nice and relaxing!