Sourcing Tri-Clamp Adapters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought all my tri-clamp stuff from St. Pats. Click on the section for sanitary fittings. Those are currently $12.00 each.

I think swagman's deal might be a little cheaper yet. I tried to find his thread about them that was in the vendor showcase, but couldn't find it. Another link to it was dead also. So I don't know if he's still making them.

Moose

**EDIT: swagman pm'd me that he's still here making them. Send him a PM if your interested.

Okay, so I've discovered that I have a bit of a problem...The triclamps that I have on my HLT are 1/2" in size with a 1" ferrule. Apparently the standard ferrule size for 1/2" tri-clamps is usually 1.5". For some reason Sabco kegs use 1" ferrules on their 1/2" tri-clamps. SO, does anyone know where I could get this specific size or are these only specific to Sabco? I need three of these adapaters and if I buy from sabco its going to cost me $150! Thanks

gfi stainless in modesto ca.....they specialize in sanitary fitting and things of that nature....its the only place i shop for ss parts

Powercat, you may want to contact Swagman and ask if he wants his telephone number out in a public forum. In meantime IMHO you should remove it. Unless of course it has been approved by Swagman. In that case I'll keep my nose out of it. :D

I know I would not want my number out there. Just trying to look out for each other.

Ron

As far as the Tri's are concerned. Could you change the Sabco Tri's to a standard Tri? That would make it easier to make hoses and such that are interchangeable. I'd guess Sabco knew what they were doing.

As far as the Tri's are concerned. Could you change the Sabco Tri's to a standard Tri? That would make it easier to make hoses and such that are interchangeable. I'd guess Sabco knew what they were doing.

No unfortunately they are not changeable...they are welded to the keg (quite perfectly in fact).
Swagman only carries the standard sizes unfortunately, that's how I discovered I had this little problem.
I will try that place in Modesto suggested above. Perhaps I'll get lucky:rolleyes:

By all means I don't mean for this to come off like a smart ass, but whats the point of putting triclamps into a system that has exposed threads[How many times do you get a NPT fitting all the way together]?

That being said, I've bought triclamp stuff from gvc.net. They aren't the best prices you can find, but they have great turn around time and will make you *anything*[FYI]....

By all means I don't mean for this to come off like a smart ass, but whats the point of putting triclamps into a system that has exposed threads[How many times do you get a NPT fitting all the way together]?

That being said, I've bought triclamp stuff from gvc.net. They aren't the best prices you can find, but they have great turn around time and will make you *anything*[FYI]....

A guy that uses them at a local brewery told me he wants to change all of his home fittings to tri-clamps.

By all means I am ALL FOR triclamps over NPT fittings, I was just wondering...I once read one of the major components of 3A sanitary certification is no exposed threads. I do realize this is a homebrewing forum, but at the same time a wise person once told me any worth doing is worth doing right. I went with all triclamp on my rig for many reasons, easy of assembly/disassembly, and the sanitary factor was the main reason.

I agree it won't comply with the 3A certification. The main reason is to allow for easy removal (and cleaning) of my herms coil from inside the HLT. I have a Sabco HLT and I had it modified to allow for a HERMS coil. So, all of my connections are welded TCs. I need the adapters in order to hook up a herms coil. Other than that you're right, there's not much point, just ease of use I suppose.

Back