Sources for co2 and beer lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to go with the Bev Seal Ultra for beer line. It has a PET lining that prevents leaching into the beer sitting in the lines. I would always pour off that first few ounces with the Bev vinyl tubing as it did not taste right to me. The issue is its only available in 1/4" ID, so you need 18'+ instead of 8' for the 3/16" stuff.

At most you are gonna pressurize your gas lines to 30 psi, so plan accordingly. Any pressure rated line should do for that.

The bevlex looks much better than the regular PVC 3A sanitary lines at Mcmaster.

Of course it does. :D Plus, it's actually made for this application. :D While gas lines are not as critical (you don't want to use something that the CO2 will leech things from) it's a case where it's going to be cheaper to get the right stuff the first time. Otherwise, you'll use more clamps (if you use good Oetiker clamps) and spend more after you use the good lines.

BTW, I tried the braided (reinforced) hose for my gas lines initially, IMO, they simply suck. At fridge temps (or even room temp) they're so stiff it's a biotch to work with. The double wall lines from Keg Connection (red) is far easier to work with.

Try one of your local beer distributors. I went to my local Miller dist. and bought beer line for about $0.30 -$0.40 / foot.

Back