Sour contamination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwibbidy

Reaction score
If I have used my hoses/siphon/bottling bucket with a beer that was contaminated sour, and I cleaned them really thoroughly with PBW and then starsan, will my next batch of beer become contaminated sour?

Did u clean it with the same stuff I had? Or did u have Bleach bomb it? I just bottled this weekend so I'm hoping the PBW and starsan did its job

I might have not even cleaned it with anything more than Oxyclean/One Step. I have since switched to Idaphor. But I'm pretty sure it was just cleaned with One Step. And while One Step sanatizes it takes to long at 10 min. Give me a contact sanatizer any day. Star san being a sanatizer should do better than me and Onestep.

Others have said that you should use seperate equipment for sours and regular beer. And it is probably safer. But a yeast is still just a yeast, and should die from the sanatizer all the same. The problems might occur if there are scratches or something - although I have a few mild scratches and no problems there yet either.

Cool thanks AC ill be patient and see how it turns out in a couple weeks

Back