Soon to be kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blake74

Reaction score
I'm finally making the jump from bottling to kegging, and I wanted to see if anyone else had tried this before. I'm kind of cramped for space in my fridge, as I am having to share my food fridge. Is it possible to lay a corny keg horizontally and still dispense beer? I haven't gotten my equipment in the mail yet, so I haven't had a chance to mess around with these kegs yet. I can stand it vertically if I have to, but I'll have to sacrifice some food space. Anybody have any experience with this?

I know there is a dip (???) tube in the keg that runs all the to the bottom of the keg. So if you lay it on its side and the tube is at the top I don't think it will dispense.

Or just a plain 'ol Party Pig System.

Either way...you can't lay a cornie on it's side. It dispenses from the bottom. You could bend the tube around a bit, but you will not be happy with the results.

Back