Something I'd like to see on Food Network

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
I love Iron Chef (the american version kind of sucks) and I love beer, so what better than Iron Brewer, or would it be more like Copper/Stainless Steel Brewer... Either way I'd love to see brewmasters take each other on to create a better beer, while at the same time sticking to a Secret Ingredient and a Theme.

Like give them fish as a secret ingredient and have them make a GOOD beer with it... I doubt that would be possible but it was an example. Of course you would have to tape the battle over a couple weeks but it would be interesting.

Anyone feeling me on this one?

Sounds awesome dude... maybe not fish, but something crazy. Something beyond pumpkin and spices, maybe... garlic? Or white pepper? Maybe some straaange form of yeast that had been cultivated.

I like the idea of doing it over a 6 week period. Some film of the fermentation in action, a racking segment where they both have their own method's for racking and maybe some secret additions to the secondary.

Could be cool ;) Great idea.

Aw, son of a gun.... in my defense that was back in '06 before i joined the forum...

It would be really kool...

I'd love a show like that, only problem with it to the suits is the end product isn't ready at the end of the show. Imagine judges tasting unfermented wort, uhhhh not good stuff.

I sometimes wonder how beer actually started. To me unfermented wort tastes like sh%t. Initially it's overly sweet, then terribly bitter. Maybe someone threw it together and thought the same thing, then left it sit off to the side for a while and tasted again, and it was better. Now repeat and get your friends doing it and beer is born.

I covered that, you'd tape the mashing, sparging, boiling, cooling, aeration, and pitching and then do a time lapse a week later when they rack, and again when they bottle to see what they prime with, and then several weeks later for judging.

I don't mind un-fermented wort, i keep in mind it won't be as sweet but the general flavor of it is there and gives you a good idea of what to look for.

Evan! said:
dude, that chick in your avatar looks like she's struggling to pinch one off.

LOL she soo does :cross:

Sounds like a show I'd watch, but probably not be able to watch because I don't have sky (cable) TV :(

I think this show could definately happen. Even though homebrewing isn't a mainstream hobby, I bet that almost every homebrewer would watch this show. I would probably have Iron Brewer parties.

Back