Some pics of my operation......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Evan!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
11,835
Reaction score
108
Location
Charlottesville, VA
Looks good, from what I can tell. Ah, the ol' extract+steeping grains sure takes me back!

That's a purdy kettle/burner setup you got there. What'd you pay for it?

As for pasting images, click the little picture button on the "go advanced" post page, and it brings up a dialogue box. Enter the location of your picture into the box.

Or copy-paste the image's address into the message box, put "img" at the beginning and "/img" at the end, and replace the quotations with opening and closing brackets. Ah like-a-so:

Code:
 [img] image address [/img]
 

Johnmike24

Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Location
Scranton, PA
Pretty good set up for someone from Old Forge.... I guess Old Forge is famous for two things now, pizza and home brew!
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
13,304
Reaction score
158
Location
Phoenix
Flickr is tricky. Technically it's against the user agreement to hotlink without attribution.

You have to right mouse click and select properties to get the image address and then do as Evan ! details.



PHP:
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/1984529935_c169595d4f.jpg[/img]
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Evan! said:
That's a purdy kettle/burner setup you got there. What'd you pay for it?

As for pasting images, click the little picture button on the "go advanced" post page, and it brings up a dialogue box. Enter the location of your picture into the box.

Or copy-paste the image's address into the message box, put "img" at the beginning and "/img" at the end, and replace the quotations with opening and closing brackets. Ah like-a-so:

Code:
 [img] image address [/img]
I paid $65 for the turkey fryer & $45 for 5 1/2 gallon pot.

Let's see if the picture posting works:

 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Kernsie said:
I paid $65 for the turkey fryer & $45 for 5 1/2 gallon pot.

Let's see if the picture posting works:

Hmmm.........that didn't work.

JohnMike....I wouldn't say famous OF is famous for homebrew.

Yet.:mug:

Many others from Scranton here?
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Thanks.

I also tried in the testing forum:



There we go. My fine one man operation.

Bier....the cold beer is right where it should be....in my hand.
 

Johnmike24

Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Location
Scranton, PA
You're the only one from the area that i have seen on here. It would be nice to find out. I am always looking for someone to trade beers with. Its hard to find out if my beer is any good when all my friends drink is $2.50 six packs of Keystone light! I've got an american wheat in the secondary now with oak and metlot grapes if your interested
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Johnmike24 said:
You're the only one from the area that i have seen on here. It would be nice to find out. I am always looking for someone to trade beers with. Its hard to find out if my beer is any good when all my friends drink is $2.50 six packs of Keystone light!
I'm surprised that there are not more from the area. I'd be down for trading, however, I'm just starting so no guarantees on the quality. :cross:

I heard about a group of guys who meet the 3rd Monday every month @ Cooper's. Word is that they welcome others.

My friends drink good beer but I'm the second one to try my hand @ homebrew.
 

Johnmike24

Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Location
Scranton, PA
I'm no expert either! I do my best to make beer i like to drink. I've heard of the guys at coopers but right now with work i cant make it down.
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Johnmike24 said:
I'm no expert either! I do my best to make beer i like to drink. I've heard of the guys at coopers but right now with work i cant make it down.
Keep in touch.

Around x-mas I'll have my first 2 batches done & I'd love to try other homebrew.
 

Joey Ramone

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hey where did you get the Holiday Ale Kit from? Is this the same as a Christmas Ale?
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
Joey Ramone said:
Hey where did you get the Holiday Ale Kit from? Is this the same as a Christmas Ale?

I bought the Gold Seal Holiday Ale kit from Austin Homebrew.

No idea how it tastes yet but it smelled great when I added the Holiday Spices.
 

LastCall

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Urbandale, IA
Wow! your setup looks strikingly similar to mine! But my chair is green. And there are several more empties beside than what you've got going on. :cross:


Kernsie said:
Thanks.

I also tried in the testing forum:



There we go. My fine one man operation.

Bier....the cold beer is right where it should be....in my hand.
 
OP
K

Kernsie

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Old Forge,PA
LastCall said:
Wow! your setup looks strikingly similar to mine! But my chair is green. And there are several more empties beside than what you've got going on. :cross:
The empties were being cleaned for the next batch.........:cross:
 
Top