some of my labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Channel66

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make a thread for my labels and gift packs. I don't always make labels for my beer or wine, basically the recipes I have perfected get a label and are usually gifted.

20121228_084216_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

20121228_164842_zps66b88cb1.jpg

20121229_105955_zpsf7a34b1a.jpg

20121228_154907_zps92300603.jpg

neckershipwreck.jpg

shipwreckedsaison-1.jpg

LaFeeVerte2.jpg

GingerAlerevisit.jpg

Wonkaschocolatestout.jpg

3drunkmonk.jpg

DoubleBlackDiamondStout-1.jpg

myhappyplace.jpg

winebacklabel.jpg

Those are some great looking labels. Did you make them yourself or had someone do it for you?

Awesome work. I remember your wine labels from the other thread.

I just remembered, when I was a kid, my mom took a public speaking class at the local community college, and she took me with her for the last day, the presentations. One guy based his on homebrew, and I distinctly remember him saying, "The best part about home brewing is the labels!" The labels had pictures of his face on it, and he passed out a bottle to everyone. He must've learned a ton in that public speaking class for me to remember it years and years later.

Those are some great looking labels. Did you make them yourself or had someone do it for you?

I make them myself, thank you!

Awesome work. I remember your wine labels from the other thread.

I just remembered, when I was a kid, my mom took a public speaking class at the local community college, and she took me with her for the last day, the presentations. One guy based his on homebrew, and I distinctly remember him saying, "The best part about home brewing is the labels!" The labels had pictures of his face on it, and he passed out a bottle to everyone. He must've learned a ton in that public speaking class for me to remember it years and years later.

Labeling is one of my favorite parts of homebrew as well, I love being creative, graphic design has always been one of my favorite ways to do that. If I can couple that with drinking? Perfect! And thank you!

I love them all, but those wine labels are absolutely gorgeous! I really love the charred edges on them. Very nice!

Havent really made many labels lately been pumping out a lot of repeat recipes and similar styles so I have just been using old labels. Here is one I just finished the first draft on. It is a bit rough but its a work in progress.

Weizenbock.

Bump_zpsa7f21ad3.jpg

It works great. And a spray can of it lasts a really long time, you can put as many coats as you want to achieve the gloss you're looking for. But the biggest reason I do it, is it increases the depth of the colors, it also locks the inkjet ink in a waterproof coating so they don't run when the bottle sweats.

Here is another rough draft that I just finished. Im probably done tinkering with it. I get tired of working on one project for too long.

I like it, is the font hand drawn? The only thing I can see is that the font seems pixelated. Otherwise I like the graphic and the design it's simple and keeps the point.

It's not hand drawn. It's called "Blackadder" and is in Coreldraw 11, which I used to draw the label. Thanks for the input. I'll have to up the DPI before I print some.

Channel66: are you using CoralDRAW as well? Adobe Illustrator? I have some fairly specific ideas on what I want our labels to look like, but my tech-savvy is nil.

Channel66: are you using CoralDRAW as well? Adobe Illustrator? I have some fairly specific ideas on what I want our labels to look like, but my tech-savvy is nil.

I'm using mostly Photoshop cs5 and an old wacom tablet to draw on. I have used illustrator before but I'm not proficient with it.

Back