Some Newbie Kegerator Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of of building kegerator and I have a few questions.

What is the smallest refrigerator that can be used? I would like to use 5 gallon Corny kegs.

Is one brand of refrigerator better than another or can anyone recommend a model?

Why do some use freezers and some use refrigerators for their kegerators? Is one better to use than the other?

I assume from what I've read that reused Kegs are OKAY, can anyone recommend a good place to buy them?

Start your searching here:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/search/sss?catAbb=sss&query=kegs&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Most folks use "ball lock" Corny kegs, but usually "pin lock" kegs can be had cheaper.

Edit: read the "sticky" at the top of this forum titled:Chest freezer specs and layouts".

I know, you asked about a "kegerator", but the post has keg dimensions in it as well, and you may change you mind and wish to build a "keezer" for future expansion..............

sorry about the double post. I posted into wrong forum and wasn't able to delete it.

Is it possible to delete a post?

Back