Some help with my water report?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron1983

Reaction score
As far as flavor in concerned, my tap water is pretty good, no off flavors that I know of. I was just curious if someone can help break down my water report for me and what it means to my home brewing?

http://www.cityofml.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1028

(I am on Well 4, if that helps)

I really don't know much about water chemistry aside from flouride, heavy metals, and pH (which I read an even 7.0 here).

Thanks!

(Also, if that is too much to describe in a reasonable time, suitable links to reading material will suffice as well.):mug:

Hate to rain of the parade, but unfortunately it doesn't give you a lot the information that you care about as a brewer. My local report is similarly lacking in brewing-specific info.

We need to know about sulfates, chloride, carbonate, magnesium, etc... this tells us none of that.

I suggest a water report from somewhere like Ward labs.

Exactly. I went with the W-5 based on recommendation from my LHBS but either will give you what you need. The difference between the reports is minimal.

Back