Some help Plz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok my beer has been in the glass carboy when i racked to 2ed it started to bubble over the top 4 days it was back to normal but 2 weeks have gone by and the air locks still bubble slowy 1's a min.

im thinking of bottleing it but i dont know if i shoud it was at gr 1.014 a week ago ...

Shoud i bottle it ...It look clear kinda dark beer so hard to tell and its got a little fome like a little with some bubbles comeing to the serfec...:tank:

Sounds unusual after two weeks in secondary to still be bubbling once per minute.

What type beer, ale or lager, what yeast did you use, what temp did you ferment at, and how long was it in primary?

Racking to secondary often gets the yeast back in suspension and can cause 'another' fermentation cycle. That's mostly normal. Don't bottle until it is bubbling about 1 bubble per 90 sec or more. Yes, I believe that's the general concensous.

I just re-read your post: If you can SEE the tiny bubbles through the carboy walls, definatly do not bottle just yet. Give it another week and be careful to not siphon the trub off the bottom since you will most likely have a good bit from the second active fermentation.

Back