Some carbonated some not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NativeSun

Reaction score
I brewed my passion fruit beer awhile ago and they have been bottled for over week. I know it's still too soon to be completely done however, I had some that were carbonated already and some that were not..obviously enough. Those that were carbonated were at room temperature and those that were not i put in the fridge..anyone know the reason for not carbonating in the fridge? I used a normal priming sugar and not drops.

One would think the answer is self evident, but...yeast are more active warm than cold.
Park all the bottles at room temp for a couple of weeks, then chill them...

Cheers!

I figured it out! Some of my bottles were carbonated because of the bottle caps i used. My mother in law gave me novelty bottle caps and I decided to use them for the beers. I did use older caps that I bought from my beer store in my town, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I had 12 already!

Note to self, caps with pretty pictures and writing....DO NOT USE! Or caps that your in-laws give you!

1479041284048-796440983.jpg

Back