Some bottles is almost flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninoid

Reaction score
In my last batch few bottles is almost flat. I use direct priming in bottles, without bucket, and test all bottles after setting the stopper. I never have this in previous batches.
What is possible problems?

What kind of environment do you keep the bottles in? How long do you have your beers in the fermenter before bottling?

What kind of environment do you keep the bottles in? How long do you have your beers in the fermenter before bottling?

Two weeks in fermenter, ten days in 28'C and two in fridge. From 30 bottles two is flat.

Did you stir in the priming sugar? Or add the priming sugar and rack the beer on top. Best practice I found when I was still bottling was to add priming sugar to the bucket then rack the beer on top to ensure complete mix through the beer. If you are doing that it could be leaky caps where you didn’t get a good crimp around the bottle mouth.

Since you individually primed the bottles my guess is that you accidentally missed those two bottles.
The other possibility is that you didn't get a good seal on the caps.

Maybe I miss this two bottless. Keep up to ten bottles, how much is left.

A less likely possibility is that some bottles just took longer to carb up - it can happen. Ten days should be enough, but not always.

Mistakes in bottle priming are easy.
I managed to double dose a few bottles and miss a dose in one. I was using carbonation drops. Bottling is a repetitive boring task so easy to get distracted.

Now if i bottle i batch prime but the first few times i didn't get proper mixing but now its consistant.

Back