Solenoid Valve for high pressure burner.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkaboy

Reaction score
So, the burner I had in mind originally will only dish out enough BTUs if I take out the regulator and use it as high pressure with my propane tank (I am planning on a 26 gallon build).

I've been reading info here on HBT about all this diferent rigs that have automated burners (most brutus style), and seems like the norm is low pressure, so all recommendations I found so far indicate low pressure solenoid valves, pilot burner etc.

Should I look further for the high pressure parts?
If so, I suppose first thing would be finding out what the pressure on a "high pressure"system.
I found this valve which is rated for 50psi. I wonder if that would be enough...

Or Should I find diferent burners and re-start from there going the low pressure route?

Thanks

So, the burner I had in mind originally will only dish out enough BTUs if I take out the regulator and use it as high pressure with my propane tank (I am planning on a 26 gallon build).

High pressure in the world of propane is anything above about 1 psi. I don't think you really want to remove the regulator from the circuit. More info is needed. What is the actual pressure that you think is required? A pic of the burner you are using would help.

The 50 psi valve should be no problem.

Once you propane manifold pressurized, the valve will operate fine based on the controller wired to it.

I'll double check the extra asco red hat valve I have.

Q./. Are you building a single level brew stand? If so, using 1/2 inch pipe and a 50 psi Asco valve should not be an issue. More important is the regulator at the tank. You'll want a 30 psi unit from bayou classic..or equivalent.

Brew on!

Back