• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD As-Is Tilt Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This leaked a little on the bottom end causing some rust on the weight and some staining in the plastic The liquid didn't get anywhere near the top where the electronics are. I cleaned the bottom end of the innards up with alcohol. I cleaned the housing up, soaked in alcohol then Star San and it leaked on me again so definitely needs new O-Rings. Beer turned out fine. I did the same after the second leak. It reports fine but the calibration seems to have been affected by the rust. Screen shot is with the unit siting on my desk this morning. Changing a battery affects calibration too since they don't all weigh the same so calibration is built into the app. I'm frustrated and don't feel like messing with it anymore. Selling it strictly as-is for someone who wants to give it a try. Might last forever, might fail due to corrosion at some point. $55, includes postage butbuyer is responsible for any payment fees.

20190612_002824840_iOS.jpg 20190612_002904621_iOS.jpg 20190612_125350798_iOS.jpg 2019-06-12_9-10-22.jpg

Back