Sodastream Adapter/Hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtians

Reaction score
I've been using a Sodastream for awhile now and have grown tired of paying $15+ for a 14oz Co2 tank. I'm looking for ways to attach a standard CGA 320 Co2 tank to the Sodastream apparatus.

The Sodastream thread is proprietary, but you can buy the valve on its own. I'm wondering how difficult/safe it is to just buy a hose and CGA-320 nut and basically create the hose listed on ebay below?

There are some health concerns with these items on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Made-Sod...id=100033&rk=2&rkt=4&mehot=ag&sd=151310544637

I also don't think its wise to use paintball or other containers purposed for industrial use, in conjunction with drinking water, despite the presence or lack-of, an FDA "food-grade" standard for co2.

I also attempted to order a sodastream-CGA hose from Co2doctor.com and it didn't work out, which I won't go into further detail on.

I've been using an adapter head from co2 doctor for years now without any issues. I use standard paintball 20 and 24 oz tanks that were purchased new and are only used for the Sodastream. Dicks Sporting Goods fills the tanks for $3.99 for the 20 oz and $4.49 for the 24 oz. I've never had any problems whatsoever. $4 for 20 oz sure beats $15 for 14 ounces! The adapter just screws on the paintball tank threads, then screws into the Sodastream, that's it, easy.

Back