Soda sweeteners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtrhdltd

Reaction score
Im getting prepped to make a couple of batches of soda soon, and I started thinking, what do others use for sweeteners? Since im new to the forum and didn't see much about this I thought I would ask.

I like light brown sugar and stevia for most, but my fruit sodas get white granulated sugar and stevia.

How about you?

when i make my alco-pop...i just use kool-aid mix, and add my homemade vodka......

i'd be curious what a typical soda recipe for you is? do you need to replace the o-rings on a keg afterwards? i don't with kool-aid, or hard lemon aid, but always have with pre-made syrup.....

I haven't had good luck with hard soda, never used pre-made syrup in kegs either. I do a short boil with flavorings and sugar, then in a corny keg in the fridge. I will post the recipes when I make some, hopefully this evening. I have dedicated soda kegs but have not had problems with flavor carryover.

as to the original question, i just use table sugar for my hard lemon-aid.....i try to keep it light on calories, so just 2-3 cups for a 5 gallon keg.....

Just a clarification, but is this hard soda or non-alcoholic. My assumption is n.a. but thought I shouldn't assume.

I was mainly asking about soft or non alcoholic, but either is fine.
Your avatar is great s-met

I haven't had good luck with hard soda,
is this hard soda or non-alcoholic.

softdrink.jpg

Back