soda sanitization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzeee

Reaction score
hello,

i'm a noob. i've done a lot of reading but have yet to make my first soda. i am attempting to make my own energy drinks. i've been guinea pigging active ingedients for a few years. i've been buying equipment and am getting close to making my first batches.

i am not brewing. i plan on mixing the flavor ingredients heating them up, cooling them down, adding the active ingredients, bottling, then direct pressurizing with co2 and/or no2. (i'm going to make a separate thread on my want to nitrogenate soda)

i would add all the ingredients at once and then bring them to a safe temp but i am worried about degrading the active ingredients. i've already purchased starsan am a little concerned about the fact that it leaves foam. whats in the foam? will it leave any flavors?

also, i'm wondering if anyone has some good links or thoughts on how to do this with the least exposure to air. some type of enclosed system or something as i'm going preservative free...

thanks. i'll post results as they come

hello,

i'm a noob. i've done a lot of reading but have yet to make my first soda. i am attempting to make my own energy drinks. i've been guinea pigging active ingedients for a few years. i've been buying equipment and am getting close to making my first batches.

i am not brewing. i plan on mixing the flavor ingredients heating them up, cooling them down, adding the active ingredients, bottling, then direct pressurizing with co2 and/or no2. (i'm going to make a separate thread on my want to nitrogenate soda)

i would add all the ingredients at once and then bring them to a safe temp but i am worried about degrading the active ingredients. i've already purchased starsan am a little concerned about the fact that it leaves foam. whats in the foam? will it leave any flavors?

also, i'm wondering if anyone has some good links or thoughts on how to do this with the least exposure to air. some type of enclosed system or something as i'm going preservative free...

thanks. i'll post results as they come

Don't fear the foam, it doesn't hurt anything it's just there so the sanitizer maintains contact for the required amount of time.

Back