Soda fountain machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it....

For $400, you would be better off building your own kegerator or keezer IMO. :mug:

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it....

For $400, you would be better off building your own kegerator or keezer IMO. :mug:

I already have a 3 tap kegerator, but this has 8. :rockin:

8 would be nice for sure :). I say find a large chest freezer on CL, use your existing equipment + purchase some more and make an 8 tapper for yourself. Probably still cheaper than $400.

You could modify it to work, but all the kegerator parts would still have to be bought for it. (tank, regulator, kegs, fittings, etc.)

The valves are just solenoids I believe, so you could use those but would have to modify the existing spouts, since they are designed to mix syrup and soda water and would probably agitate your beer too much, giving you a glass of foam. I can't tell from the pics whether or not that is an ice maker below, or just a cooler for ice. Either way, I doubt that lower section is refrigerated. Even the ice makers (from what I've seen) just cool the grid that makes the cubes, not the whole container.

VERY cool project if you want to turn it into a kegerator. It wouldn't be hard, AND you could serve along side soda, but it will end up costing more than building a kegerator inside of a fridge. Then again, if you ever wanted to sell it, you could sell it for more, too.

Mkory is right. I think it's a cool idea! But I agree that $400 is too much. I just bought a 4 head pre-mix Coke machine for $200 with 7 kegs and a 20# CO2 bottle on eBay.

Look for the old Coke or Pepsi "Pre-Mix" dispensers. They have SS coils in chilled water, fed from room temp cornys. And the faucets are just plain old valves, not electric, fluid mixing, solenoid activated things to break.

Cornelius has exploded diagrams of all their dispensers on their website, including the one linked above. You can see what is inside them, and how well they might work for what you are trying to do.

Sweetsounds, please post pics! I'm planning my own soda machine build this weekend. A little different from yours though.

Oh, I will. I haven't received the fountain or kegs from the guy I bought them from yet. And I have asked him to wait until the end of next week to ship them.
I'm traveling to the land of good beer for a couple weeks, and don't want it sitting on the docks at work ;)

When I get everything uncrated, I'll tear into it and see what can be made from the parts. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell off the kegs or preferably trade them for stuff. I think the fountain/chiller will either become a glycol chiller for my keezer, or a wort chiller for this summer's single tier work in progress.

Back