Soda at home, build video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubershekel

Reaction score
Hi folks, when I was trying to figure out how to do this, I was googling for stuff and sometimes found answers in this forum. Specifically this thread was useful: Dedicated Spring Water Soda Water Machine Build

So I thought I might pay it forward by dropping my build here in case any future searchers might need answers to their questions. I'm still not 100% I got it perfect, the soda is ok. But I have yet to set up a cooling system. I did record the whole thing and edited down to about 14 minutes. I didn't want to make it public before I check with someone if I goofed anything terribly. What do you folks think?

Without a cooling system, it's going to lose quite a bit of carbonation in the dispensing process because warm liquids just won't hold CO2. Honestly, I never understood why people would drop $600 on a commercial grade carbonator setup when running CO2 into a corny keg gets it done for $100 as long as your incoming water supply is over 50PSI. In other words, that huge noisy booster pump might not even be necessary.

Back