• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SoCal SS Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings,

This may be a hard ask in Southern California, but I am looking for a stainless conical,~7 gallon capacity. To upgrade my process, I need to be able to dump trub, yeast and dry hops without transferring the beer. I do 5 gallon batches.

Thanks for looking,

Reevesie

I have a used Stout 7 gallon conical that I may be willing to sell. See 7 Gallon Conical Fermenter for Homebrewing | Home Brew Equipment for Sale (conical-fermenter.com) I added an SS Brewtech elbow joint before the dump valve to make dumping trub/yeast easier and added an SS Brewtech rotating racking arm. I'm in Palos Verdes, so very close to you. The only defect is that there is a rip in one of the lid sealing gaskets, but it still seals fine. I'm sure you could get a replacement from Stout.

I stopped using this conical because I could not control the temperatures. I replaced it with two SS Brewtech conicals with temperature control and a glycol chiller. I have used it a few times using Kviek or Saison yeast which do not need cooler temperatures. All in, I probably have almost $400 into it with the additional accessories. I would be willing to sell it for $275 and to meet you somewhere in Torrance to exchange it (maybe South Bay Brewing Supply would be a good meeting place). PM me if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back