SoCal Homebrew 1st Annual Comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
Hello all, as a thank you to everyone that has helped keep us open our first year we would like to host an AHA/BJCP event.

image.jpg

additional prizes have been donated and i will be releasing a full list of prizes soon

Competition is coming up quickly, Judging will be held at Dale Bros Brewery in upland. The taproom will be open so come on down and have a pint and watch the judging happen!!!!

Will the winners be announced that day at the taproom?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

we are still working through entries, we ended up with about 330 total, ill start sending out the score sheets tomarrow, i will hold off announcing bracket winners until we get through all the judging, we got through about half on saturday

The waiting is the hardest part... Especially when you know 2 of the 3 categories you entered have already been judged. :)

I'm in 10, 13, 18, 21, and 28. The suspense is killing me!

The website is updated showing that judging continued today at the shop. Good luck to everyone!!!

We got through catagory 23 on Sunday, gonna try an do 1234 on Wednesday and 11 Thursday or Friday.. Hopefully sat or Sunday we can do 10 and 13... Both are pretty big. The hard part is a lot of judges will be judging the international comp at the fairplex

I'm sure you are very busy. I know that this comp was bigger than expected, and you still have to run the shop and have a life outside of this. :)

When you have a moment, would it be possible for you to post what categories have been judged so far?

I was going to enter 5 beers... then I drank them :( good luck to everyone that entered!

@maltnhops, sorry for the late response, so far it has been the following

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 11, 14, 16, 17, 20, 23

I tried to get a panel of judges for this weekend but the la fair is doing the commercial competition and they pay their judges so that's where everybody will be this weekend.. I'm still chugging along, sorry about the wait. I can't apologize enough

Thanks for the update. I understand. Let me know if you need any help judging. I'm not BJCP but I'm willing to help if I can.

Is the Hangar 24 comp this Saturday going to hold up judging even further or will you continue judging this weekend?

How's the judging going? I know this is your first and have run up against some hurdles, so I'll be patient. Just wanted to know where you're at and where it's heading?

Cheers

How's the judging going? I know this is your first and have run up against some hurdles, so I'll be patient. Just wanted to know where you're at and where it's heading?

Cheers

hopefully will wrap up all judging this weekend,,, BOS may have to wait until during the week howver.

I have a all of last weekends catagories scaned in.. i will try and email them tonight

I got my scoresheet for category 21. It said that I was advanced to a mini BOS round and it didn't state that I placed 1, 2, or 3. Are you holding off of informing the winners until all at once or does this mean I didn't place?

Hi I am waiting until we finish with best of show before releasing winners.. I am going to try Nd get it done this weekend if I can find judges. The rest of the scoresheets should be emailed out today... Thanks and sorry for the delay

I got my scoresheet for category 21. It said that I was advanced to a mini BOS round and it didn't state that I placed 1, 2, or 3. Are you holding off of informing the winners until all at once or does this mean I didn't place?

No worries! I know you're still climbing a mountain. I appreciate all of your efforts.

If anyone is still waiting for results, go to their FB page. The results were posted on Monday.

I'm not meaning to sound like a Dick but there hasn't been any response from the FB page or on here as to when or whether metals will be mailed out. I understand it took a little longer than most competitions do due to volume but the competition was technically over two months ago. A little communication would be great.

So it's been a month since you said you were working on mailing out medals but still nothing. What is going on? This competition was months ago. It's really not that huge of a deal but we paid to be a part of a competition and we expect you to follow through. Come on now. This is just good business practice. Perhaps you should just consider not continuing your annual competitions past the first.

Medals were mailed out weeks ago, I will see if there are extras to send out another, please confirm your adress in a pm. As to your recomendation if I decide to hold this competition no mail in entries will be accepted. I learned a lot from this comp and that being 1 of the items

Back