So why do people post the same answers over and over and over?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Scenario:

Original poster asks a question: what color is the sky?

10 minutes later, responder 1 says: blue

1 hour later, repsonder 2 says: the color you get when you mix yellow and green

later, responder 3-1000 says: blue, yellow+green, blue, yellow+green

Isn't there a point that a thread should die once the answer's been given? I mean, I know there's a ton of smart experienced brewers on here - but when someone's hit the right answer, there's no need to re-answer!

:mug:

Scenario:

Isn't there a point that a thread should die once the answer's been given? I mean, I know there's a ton of smart experienced brewers on here - but when someone's hit the right answer, there's no need to re-answer!

Me too. 10char

I'm not always one to expound upon the veracity of an already postulated verisimilitude- but in this exemplification, I concur.

Hmmm whom are you reffering too in this statement???? :D

Honestly Revvy -- it's not you! I know you've been accused on here for a bunch of crap.

Here's the situation - someone asked a question; I answered with a good answer and quoted Palmer's chapter (and linked to it), and the same answers rolled on....

blah - I'm just in a bad mood I guess tonight. The responses on this thread have keenly made me aware how stupid of a topic this was! thanks guys! :mug:

Sometimes it's reenforcement of an answer. Knowing it's more than just one dumb ass saying "Yes, your beer will turn out purple and kill thousands", is comforting.

okay, I so want to delete this thread now....

thanks all. My bad mood is over, and you all have re-affirmed that I need to just RDWDAHB

:)

Honestly Revvy -- it's not you! I know you've been accused on here for a bunch of crap.

Here's the situation - someone asked a question; I answered with a good answer and quoted Palmer's chapter (and linked to it), and the same answers rolled on....

blah - I'm just in a bad mood I guess tonight. The responses on this thread have keenly made me aware how stupid of a topic this was! thanks guys! :mug:

I didn't take it as a slam my friend....

But, I usually just cut and paste many of my answers...because the question gets asked over and over and over...even often by people, who by their initial posts, admit to already having read similar threads...but they feel that they and their beer situation is terminally unique...when of course we know it's not....

But that's why i tend to put a lot of effert into certian posts, lots of detail, knowing that I'm gonna give the same answer 50 times a day, so I may spend one or two hours (yes trolls, I do spend that much time writing some of my s**t up to help da noobs, so bite me) so the answer can be as clear, and (hopefully) as helpful as possible.

But it's still web forum dynamics like in the lightbulb thread I linked...we all play our roll....it's human nature..

Just be nice to me guys...i"m druk :D

I can wholeheartedly agree that in a court of law the lines back and forth would go something like this:

NOOB: ******* question...
LAWYER: Question asked and answered your honor...
JUDGE/ADMINISTRATOR: Sustained...

But what I would REALLY like to say: OK, so you've been brewing a whole 10 minutes and have a few questions. I can fully understand your apprehension and anxiety. We've all been there. It's TOTALLY understandable...but do you think you are so intelligent that you have come up with a question that NO ONE EVER ASKED BEFORE? Do a search *******!!!

But I would NEVER submit a reply like that because I am a nice guy afterall...

Revvy: I am equally impressed that you cut and paste previously posted replies...without correcting misspellings...;)

Just busting yer chops...UP in June may be a go for me...at least I'm at 51%...

But what I would REALLY like to say: OK, so you've been brewing a whole 10 minutes and have a few questions. I can fully understand your apprehension and anxiety. We've all been there. It's TOTALLY understandable...but do you think you are so intelligent that you have come up with a question that NO ONE EVER ASKED BEFORE? Do a search *******!!!

But I would NEVER submit a reply like that because I am a nice guy afterall...
Your suuuuuch a closet EAC!

To the OP.
Why do you have to be such a facist hitler nazi wannabe. Who are you to tell people they can't respond to the same question....

Hooray for me. My very first Goodwins law :mug:

My favorite is when a great answer is posted with references and links, then later a wrong, or "less correct" answer is posted, which of course is the one the OP reads, cites, and says, "thanks, I'll do that!" :D

While we're complaining about our community here... my question is:

Why when someone posts a thread IN THE WRONG FORUM, does anyone bother answering the question at all? ;)

Scenario:

Am I the only one who noticed that yellow and green when mixed together do not create blue?:confused: I'm obviously falling behind on the number of homebrews consumed...

Am I the only one who noticed that yellow and green when mixed together do not create blue?:confused: I'm obviously falling behind on the number of homebrews consumed...

you, sir, are correct!!

It's yellow & blue make green.....

This was a test - you passed and everyone else failed.

carry on :mug:

And in the spirit of the original rant, I'll say that I don't look at which thread it's in after hitting 'new posts'.

;)

I hit new posts too, but some days I'll troll through unanswered threads.

I leave many of them alone because they are over 1-2 weeks old.

I figured it was probably asked again and answered in another thread or PM. ;)

Back