So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firing up my single tier, 3 keg HERMs set up-known as El Sistema tomorrow morning. It will be a chilly start here in So. VT. Hopefully the propane burners will cut the chill a little. Making a saison-7% ABV range. Basing my recipe around total water volume (15 gal) and will sparge until the hot liquor tank is empty. I broke the boil kettle sight glass so I don't have a good way to know when to stop sparging. I don't aim for the bullseye just the ballpark as far as style.

I promised i wasnt going to brew this weekend. Instead here i am brewing a spiced ale for a family member.
00E77D69-FBB7-4E6D-A8A1-7A58E1CB2086.jpeg

I brewed my first real IPA in a long while. used 8 mm of hop shot at 60, 1 oz each Mosaic and Citra at 10, .5 each at FO and DH. Looking forward to this one. The yeast is US05 at 68.

4 lb MO, 4 lb pils, .5 lb each of Aromatic and C60. Should be tasty. :mug:

I need to beef up the pipeline and I think my next version of a Fezziwig Ale clone is in order. :mug:

Question: Should I add some Gluco amylase into my IPA to dry it out? I was thinking about it, but the body of the MO might be nice also.

Torn between a batch of the House American Strong or an IPA....husband was making noises earlier in the week about a dump run tomorrow so I might only have time for one. Decisions decisions!! I'll have both fermenters free, so could do a double brewday on the Sunday....hmmm.

For two weeks running...I didn't brew this weekend. And that's a good thing.

All my kegs are full and they're full of good beer that I look forward to drinking.

I really, really wanted to brew this weekend, but I also like what I have on tap. I'm glad I didn't rush things. I can enjoy the beers I have for another week.

But one of them is going to die come Turkey Day. :mischievous:

Last edited:
I'm brewing something this next weekend, but have no idea what. Maybe a real Xocavaza clone.

Last weekend I got my new still working for the first time. Now I just need to get some wash going ASAP. LOL :mug:

Just mashed in.
Took the day off to brew another batch of my Apricot Wheat. I know it's more of a summer beer, but the temperatures around here never get too cold. Plus it's just so damn good.

D6C0BB39-C708-438E-AB35-2A733FD4BE74.jpeg

Got my xmas ale into the fermenter. 6Lb pils, 4 lb white wheat, .5 midnight wheat, .5 Cara Munich, .25 victory and .25 honey malt, with 1 oz triumph at 60 and FO. I have some cinnamon, cocoa nibs and orange in a ticture to put in at kegging. Also made a wash with 2nd runnings, sweat feed and 10 lbs of sugar. :mug:

Brewed up a schwarzbier today. It already medaled in competition, but I took the judges comments into consideration (along with my own thoughts) and made some slight changes to take it to the next level. Fingers crossed!

Another stab at approximating Traquair House Ale.

98% UK base malt
2% roasted barley
EKG
Imperial Tartan

This time around...

Mashing a bit lower for higher attenuation.

Oak cubes in primary, a nod to Traquair's oak fermentation vessels.

Last edited:
Briefly considered a Holiday-ish ale, but I'm just not feeling it this year. So tomorrow will brew up a batch of the House Blonde, fermented on proven kveik, that I've done before and enjoy. Next weekend might do a stout-ish something or other with bourbon-soaked vanilla beans to have something dark for the holiday.

Brewing up an American amber. Got to run get the proper yeast.... Thought I had a pack of 1056, but is esb, so I'll pick up some wheat for the next one....

Just finished cleaning up, brewed sort of a Pilsner today, 50% Heidelberg pils, 25% reg pils, 25% golden promise.

First snow & sleet brew of year, not that heavy, and was dressed for it so not so bad, but still, would be nice to move it indoors someday.

Back