So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewing a kolsch, fermenting with voss kveik for the first time. hit my gravity dead on. brew day went very well.
20200307_125937.jpg

I brewed what was supposed to be a nice stout for the winter and the realised that I made a starter with lager yeast, so now its a Swartz bier

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 11.24.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 11.24.57.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 47
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 12.40.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 12.40.24.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 50
Just started a Light American Lager variation using Bohemian Lager yeast. The Helles Bock Lager yeast variant medaled at CA State Fair. I have an American Lager yeast version lagering at the moment - that is really good even though it has only been lagering less than a week. All SRM 2 IBU 10 ABV ~3.6%. Session beers are great daily drinkers.

Some friends and I brewed up a 'recovery' gose today. The idea is a low ABV beer that has some rehydrating qualities for post mountain bike rides or hikes.

45% pilsner
45% red wheat
10% acidulated
13 IBU of chinook

Hibiscus, lime + lemon zest and quarters, lemon balm and salts

Fermenting @ 90'F w/ hornindal kveik

UL0X6vQ.jpg

View attachment 669974 Good weekend. Got in a Munich Dunkel and a Maibock, both for my wife’s surprise grad party in May.

How in the freaking world do you lift those out?!! Hurts my back just to look at it!

I'm going to try a session hoppy wheat (a la @Braufessor ish) this weekend. Ferm and serve in floating dip tube keg. Not my particular style, but the tennis crowd are all lupulin shifters, so I'll call it "Everyone Else Is Doing It, So"

Going to make a second batch of the Sabro/Citra IPA I did a few weeks ago; keg just kicked, it was delicious although I think it could have used more hops. So this time, since I have yeast to spare, will drop the dry hops directly in the fermenter instead of using a bag. Brewing sure as hell beats watching the news around here these days. Rumors are circulating that the gubmint might order a 14 day quarantine for the entire state, or at least the three biggest counties in the west.

We will brew a 12 gal batch of English Barleywine tomorrow. I have got to get rid of some beer. I have about 70 gal in the fridges and room is getting thin. A good problem to have.

just don't eat! just posted to w3hat are you listening to now, funny this came on afterwards while i was reading this...

and i can only fit 30 gallons in my fridge, so you're the bomb! when i run out, wish i had you on speed dial, lol

Brewing as Saison right now. It's tough to beat a great tasting Saison especially when they're almost too easy to make.

Brewing an ESB currently and just kegged a Smash maris otter/el dorado. Didn't collect enough filtered water for this brew so had to run to the store. Was a pain with everyone hording water these days.

Made room for a pale ale with some last year's hops. So brewing tomorrow and already measured out the additions...Would love to hear how a SMaSH MO/El Dorado turns out...

Brewed an APA yesterday using some 'Mecca grade' pale malt that the brulosophy crew has been talking up. I'll know in a month if it was worth the hefty premium.
I was thinking of brewing something early this morning and came face to face with an almost existential crisis: I was out of Vienna malt! The horror!
I made a couple of gallons of chili instead.

just don't eat! just posted to w3hat are you listening to now, funny this came on afterwards while i was reading this...

and i can only fit 30 gallons in my fridge, so you're the bomb! when i run out, wish i had you on speed dial, lol

Well my wife doesn't eat much and hardly drinks anymore so this should last me. Unless my brew buddy comes over.
IMG_20200315_112211.jpg
IMG_20200315_111950.jpg
IMG_20200315_111924.jpg
IMG_20200315_111856.jpg

Brewed a scotch ale yesterday and it is happily fermenting along in the brewing closet. Dried out the grains and made some loaves of bread with them today. Also started soaking some oak chips in scotch and plan to throw them into the ale once it has finished primary fermentation in a couple days.

Back