So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be brewing kingbrian’s caramel amber ale in the morning
IMG_2508.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG

Little bit of prep with the Candi syrup!

Had a keg kick tonight, and my NB Blonde is going fast; I've got two in the ferment fridge that are ready to keg, but with holiday parties coming up it's time to pump up the pipeline. Will brew another batch of the blonde tomorrow, and for the first time in a long time going with only 9lbs of grain. Have had some efficiency issues over the last several months which I think I've solved, so this will be a nice little experiment to see if I was right. No matter how much grain I used, couldn't get my SG higher than 1.040; last week's brew (after making sure the mash bag wasn't getting stuck under the false bottom) came in at a nice 1.050, and could have been higher. We shall see.

Sparging a sour IPA right now. All Vienna with Voss kviek for 24 hrs hot, then add plantarum for 4 days before dry hopping with 3oz each of Citra and Amarillo.

My back is pretty much healed up, so on Sunday I'm planning on brewing a 5 gallon batch of the Left Hand Milk Stout clone from this site. I'll be adding Apex toasted coconut flavoring when kegging.

Brewing a Mango Hibiscus Blonde with a couple friends who have never brewed. Really excited to brew with them... Awesome people!

Not as excited about the beer (chose the recipe based on their tastes) but planning on using the yeast cake for my next stout.

So basically I'm brewing a starter for my next stout.

Doing a mash out right now with one of my sons, on a wonderfully flavorful London Porter with classic brown malt. I love this beer with it's distinct layers of flavor that will be ready just in time for Christmas! Have a great weekend everyone!

John

How old are your sons? I've got a 5 (son) and a 3 (daughter) year old - I've been training them since birth to brew. My son is able to participate a bit at this point. I brewed on Sunday Nov 17th and he lent a hand.

If....i get enough things done on the honey do list today? I plan a 3 gallon batch of a Bell's Amber Ale clone for tomorrow?;)

How old are your sons? I've got a 5 (son) and a 3 (daughter) year old - I've been training them since birth to brew. My son is able to participate a bit at this point. I brewed on Sunday Nov 17th and he lent a hand.

They are much older, 31, 30 and 24 years old. It's always an enjoyable brew day when they come over and help. Great way to share quality time in making something together and then when we finally get to taste the beer around a month after, there is a cool admiration of what we created together!

John

Monday and Tuesday I'll be doing back-to-back brew days with a Julius clone followed by a Juicy Bits clone. Just crashing a five liter starter for them now.
10 days later when the chambers are empty again I'm doing my imperial triple chocolate honey stout and the next day a face-ripper WCIPA.
Have 10 kegs to fill, that'll knock off 8 of them in a hurry :D

Cheers!

Going to use the last 10lbs of two row tomorrow to brew up a nice light blonde for the Friendsgiving our dearest friends are having in two weeks. Going to use the hops I got from my co-worker (Mt Hood and what we're calling Sperling, cause we're not sure what they are; Perle or Sterling, could be a hybrid) for bitter and flavor. Will be only the third time since I've started kegging that my beer will go on a field trip. Just need to get a new propane tank in the morning and we're on. Cold as poopy this weekend so looking forward to a fast chill, not to mention standing over the keggle keeping warm.

Started a 2.5 gallon chocolate rye pale ale. Extract with speeping gains. 7.17% abv. Think it will be nice. Gonna try my hand at BIAB after the new year if home by then, I believe I'll enjoy that. Cheers!

Making an English Brown on my recently converted Grainfather. Maiden brew with different pump and changing the way I sparge. Hopefully all goes well.
1574607207362.jpeg

Brewing a pale ale this morning. 2 kegs blew this week so need to stock up for the winter. Hopefully back at it next weekend as well but one brew at a time...

Got the Julius done today. Considering between vacations and having tradesmen all over the house for the last three months I haven't brewed since the end of June it went amazingly smoothly.

Already have the grains and salts measured and am generating another 20 gallons of RO water for tomorrow's Juicy Bits...

julius8_25nov2019.jpg

Cheers!

Got the Julius done today. Considering between vacations and having tradesmen all over the house for the last three months I haven't brewed since the end of June it went amazingly smoothly.

Already have the grains and salts measured and am generating another 20 gallons of RO water for tomorrow's Juicy Bits...

View attachment 654139

Cheers!
That's awesome, cleaning 16 kegs starting tomorrow. Brewing Fri, Sat, and maybe Sun.

Empty kegs bug the crap out of me.

This whole July-mid November down-time thing was planned so with that last brew in June I had 16 kegs filled to ride through it.
I'm now down to 6 roughly half-full kegs in the keezer with holidays bearing down, so I'm in full-frantic mode now :D

Cheers!

Empty kegs bug the crap out of me.

This whole July-mid November down-time thing was planned so with that last brew in June I had 16 kegs filled to ride through it.
I'm now down to 6 roughly half-full kegs in the keezer with holidays bearing down, so I'm in full-frantic mode now :D

Cheers!

That sounds very stressful to me. [emoji33]

Beer gear is getting put away to the garage for the holidays (downfall of brewing in my kitchen, but that’s where I do it) I might get a mead or two going in-between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That sounds very stressful to me. [emoji33]

It's a good type of stress. I'd take it 100 times over holiday shopping :eek:

I love brewing. Fortunately, I also enjoy really good beer. And have sons of the same inclination.
Otherwise I'd still be brewing but giving everything away.
Still, it does bug me to have 10 empty freakin' kegs staring at me.

"It's not my fault! Honest!" I tell them.
But they still stare...

Cheers! ("This too shall pass" ;))

You guys need to prioritize. Tell the family, no turkey this year. You can all just go to the movies and the brawl at Wally world. I've got to get brewing. [emoji41]

I made ginger beer - one with US-05 and two with ginger bug, small batch. Finishes in a week. No need to prime to carbonate or transfer.
OG: 1.050. Total time: 10 minute boil. Added cold water, ginger bug, filtered and put in the bottles directly.
Lemon peel from two lemons, grated ginger, half cup brown sugar (each bottle), juice of 2 lemons (added after boil). Will ferment in bottles, burping once a day for 5 days. Drinkable on 7th day. I make this regularly.
upload_2019-11-26_10-40-1.png

upload_2019-11-26_10-40-28.png

Im brewing a double IPA this this Friday.

Shooting for 8.2% abv using a combination of 2-row, Pilsner, white wheat, and little Munich malt.

Oh yea, and lots of hops!!!

Back