So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to be brewing this weekend; if I can ever get home from work!! Hope to be doing an American Lager, and then my cousin is bringing the ingredients for the Uncle Crunkel Dunkel that I found in the recipe sections.

Doing a Pliny Clone today. Man that's a lot of hops! Mash is doing its thing right now, enjoying a House IPA while I'm waiting.

Brew a saison!

You sir, are a genius!

By necessity, I'm going to have to be a seasonal brewer; my climate control box only heats, not cools - so I have a lot of winter/spring flexibility on temperature ranges, but not so much in the summer.

So Summer was going to be for Saisons.

But, hey, there's parts of my condo that are a pretty steady 72-75; I could do a Saison at any time.

Doing a Pliny Clone today. Man that's a lot of hops! Mash is doing its thing right now, enjoying a House IPA while I'm waiting.

I did a Pliny Clone a while back. It was one of the best home brews I'd ever done. You'll definitely enjoy it. And YES.... SOOOO many HOPS!!!

I did a Pliny Clone a while back. It was one of the best home brews I'd ever done. You'll definitely enjoy it. And YES.... SOOOO many HOPS!!!

Yep, I'm really looking forward to this one. Got lucky with the hops when our LHBS closed, and had to get rid of their entire stock; so they just gave them away. So I can make this one again....and again....and again...and maybe again before I run out!

Mashing my Two Hearted ale clone. Overshot my temp by 4 degrees but I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

heating up the mash tun as we speak. Making a split batch NEIPA with 2 different strains of yeast. I have already managed to, break my sight glass and cut my thumb open on something so sharp that I didn't even realize it until later when I saw the blood. Hopefully this isn't a sign to come on my first batch above 5 gallons. On the plus side I had an old bushing with a shark bite fitting that will help me brew today until I can get my sight glass replaced. So here's hoping good vibes is coming my way!!! :ban:

I am doing my Lawnmower Rye this weekend,
getting ready for those hot summer days with a light lager

That will round out my summer beers, I will start on the heavies next month for the Xmas season, Most of them will need several months of aging.

About to start heating the water fir a Kolsch. Kinda nervous, the alpha levels of the hops I bought are way different than the ones in beersmith, so testing out how to balance those out.

Nothing like starting early, and relaxing.

About to start heating the water fir a Kolsch. Kinda nervous, the alpha levels of the hops I bought are way different than the ones in beersmith, so testing out how to balance those out.

Nothing like starting early, and relaxing.

alpha levels are easy to convert

take the level they use and multiply by the oz they use

answer and divide by your alpha level

that is the ozs you use to get the same bittering, the aroma or taste hops it does not matter the AA %

so say they have 2 oz at 4.4 and you have 3.8

2 x 4.4 = 8.8
8.8 / 3.8 =2.32
so use 2.32 or 2 and a third oz

Just flamed out on what I'm calling a Roasted Nut Brown. Wound up with just under 12 gallons in the keggle, good thing I have a 7.5 gallon carboy and 6 gallon buckets. Gravity didn't finish quite where I wanted it too (1.045) but we'll go with it. Flavor is almost a porter but really roasty (yes I know brown malt oh well). Used Centennial and Sterling for the hops. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Tomorrow a basic beer from extract. LHBS had no crushed malt, and not the malt crusher I had in mind. So... here we are. Fourth brew, if cidermaking is considered brewing. BUT with hop flowers instead of pellets.

Just brewed 11 gallons of a NE IPA. Split into two different fermenters. One will have OYL-052 and the other will have WY1318. Just waiting for my yeast starters (decanted of course) to warm up some more before I pitch the yeast. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

Brewed a batch of saison yesterday. Always excited to brew my first saison of the year little bit of an experiment. Pitching WLP603 Torulaspora delbrueckii. Love the cider it's been making should be good in a saison.

doing a second run of an IPA called "Trapped in Amber" one of the best IPA's I have ever done, but it is saved for my birthday. Already designated as a single run per year batch to keep it from getting too familiar.

Back