So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally going to do a particular Oktoberfest recipe that I've had my eye on. So what if it's November?

I hope to brew a 3 gallon batch using home grown Nugget and Cascade hops later this week. If the weather holds out, I may mash in Thursday night and pull the bag (BIAB) before bed and let it drain till the morning. I may be crazy enough to have the wife wake me up when she gets up for "Black Friday" shopping and get the brew out of the way before the kids wake up. Again all weather dependent here in Western NY.

Cascade Nuggets of Gold Recipe.png

Chocolate coffee porter and a Cascade pale ale. Gonna have to replace the brew that's getting drunk up tonite and tomorrow!:D

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Well tomorrow I'm finally going to brew the Janet's Brown Ale recipe that I have read so much about and have been wanting to try.

John

Doing two low abv yeast culture brews this weekend. First is my 7 grain oatmeal stout with WLP013 London Ale and the other is a pale ale with Ariana and Hallertau blanc hops using OLY-052 DIPA yeast. Should be a fun time!

Was supposed to get up this morning early and get 5 gallons of orfys mild brewed. But I slept through my alarm :( maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

Brewed 5 gallons of Chinook IPA yesterday and brewing up 5 gallons of Black IPA while watching a few college football games!!

Brewing a barleywine (my first) and a smaller beer off of the 2nd runnings. Haven't put a huge amount of thought into the smaller beer. Just hope it's tasty.

Brewed a Christmas stout today with ginger, vanilla bean honey, orange zest, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Smells amazing!!! Will be hopefully ready Christmas Eve!

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

Brewing some Bitchin' Blonde Ale. 5 gallons of a double blonde ale that should end up around 8%. It'll look like Bud Light, taste awesome and kick like a pissed off mule. :p

Brewing 10 gallons of my house porter this Saturday. Too lazy to make starters these days so I just dump US-05 in there and let her rip.

Hard on last weeks brew, the Spousal Unit informed me she's spending this Saturday with her five sisters :ban:
We don't have enough fizzy yellow pissvasser on hand for the holidays and the "Not that big on hops" crowd, so I'm thinking 11 gallons of CoTC should be done this weekend.
It's gonna make for tight cold-side resources - I have some 'Banger cold-crashing right now, two carboys of a nice pale barely 4 days old but near their FGs to nurse into their dry-hopping stage, and my cold-carb fridge already has three kegs in it with room for just two more.

But, cold weather willing, I have a plan...

Cheers! :mug:

11 gallon batch of my house bitter tomorrow. Using 2 row because I am out of Golden Promise but it is good either way. Then this weekend another batch of chocolate milk stout because I have requests for it for Christmas from friends and family!

I'm brewing up an APA tomorrow. Have the grain bill ready, but I keep changing my mind on what hops to use. Leaning towards a Mosaic/Simcoe mix right now.

Just got a two can admirals reserve the reviews are excellent so can't wait 😀sat drinking a coopers ipa which is pretty good the west ham arsenal game not so good 😣 should I make the admirals reserve with more water as it is pretty rich or as per instructions 18 litres ??

Just finished creating a recipe I am going to brew this week. Coffee raspberry amber ale :D Then hoping to brew again next weekend, not sure what though.

Brewing up Yoopers Oatmeal Stout Sunday. Have the grains ready to go and about to put the starter on the plate.

Any relation to The Yoopers? My wife recently bought a bunch of music by The Yoopers and they have some great beer drinking songs.

Double batch of Cream Of Three Crops done and done.

ab_03dec2016_01.jpg

Brew day went absolutely perfect by the numbers.
Then my 20g G1 BK rolled off the kitchen counter and ovaled the rim by a solid inch :eek:
Took an hour to get it squared up but it fits the lid perfect again...

Cheers! (...and "Phew!" :))

11 gallons of my strong bitter yesterday, will be cramming in as many 11 gallon batches as I can in the next week or two and try to not need to brew in Jan when temps are super cold. Or at least not be brewing huge batches!

Fantastic brew this weekend -

New Monster Mill (3-roller) Mash efficiency was very happy

My rig is not advanced at all (wooden thee-tier) but it does the job well. So as an improvement, I put my boiler on a dolly and anchored it down to the dolly. Now I can boil, cut the flame, wheel the kettle (instead of carrying) to the sink and chill, then use the bulkhead to drain the kettle into the fermenter and I only have to lift the kettle once instead of carrying a pot of hot liquid around.

Used new pH meter and B'run spread sheet to hit mash pH dead on.

Tweaked a robust porter recipe. 5 gal - swapped out a quarter lb of chocolate malt for quarter lb of 120L. It was 1 lb chocolate, is now .75 lb chocolate, .25 lb 120L

Changed yeast from WLP051 to WY1968

Went with Northern brewer instead of EKG for bittering. Dumped the maltodextrine. Considering adding coco nibs.

Was a great brew day.

Back