So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just mashed in a German hefeweizen for 4th of July. My sister requests it every year. Test mash on a brand new mash tun too. I have used the same one for 5 years so it's weird with something else.

Got a brown ale experiment in the works, Maris otter, brown malt and extra dark crystal, EKG and styrians in the boil. 1335 yeast and the first run with the brewjacket

I did a 5 gallon batch of Steam lager yesterday using 34/70 yeast that is on it's third turn-around. Had very active fermentation this morning. First two lagers have been great. I have been following the info from the Brulosophy article. :ban:Can't wait for this next one to finish,

Batch #48!
Decided on a german style summer beer, but amped it up by doing a hopfenweisse instead of the standard hefe. Found the schneiderweisse a few weeks ago and fell in love with this beer.
Good brew session. Started at 8 to finish around 1am to help me stay up and get ready for night shift next week.

Think I'm going to get rid of my half pound of Ahtanum in the freezer. been staring at me sealed in a bag for months now. Gunna do a simple IPA. Bitter with bravo and dump the half pound in where I see fit saving about 3 ounces for dry hopping.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465355644.725616.jpg

Not the weekend but brewing tonight while the kids and wife are in bed. What else is there to do while your waiting for the mash timer to go off? Take a photo and post it to the HBT forums!!

Any how, brewing the Zombie Dust clone found within the forums here. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

Provided my sack of 2-Row comes in at the LHBS I'll be making a batch of 4Gs Amber Ale from the Brewer's Friend website. I haven't done an amber since moving up to all grain.

Busy this weekend, but gonna throw together a quickie partial mash British Golden Ale in the morning*.

*Morning may be early afternoon.

I wish I were brewing this weekend, buuuuut I already have the ferm chamber full, and an extra 5 gal sitting out in room temp. That plus work means I hope ill have time on Sunday to take some gravity readings!

Brewing a Belgian quad or Mrs Cary's good ale. I'm not sure what but I will brew something at the club meeting.

I have a Kolsch extract kit queued up for my second brew day. I hope to have the craigslist True GDM online as fermentation chamber first.

Wife has been asking me to brew a beer she likes. Looks like it's gonna be a Hoegaarden this weekend.

Just do this a arrogant Bastard or something and scream "how does it taste"! Until she likes ipa. ;)

download.jpg

Last edited:
Came home from being gone all week to a finished Bock fermentation... so I kegged it. Now fermentation chamber is open for a DMaSH MO/C45 + EKG ale that i'm brewing tomorrow.

Brewing a yet to be named IPA with late additions of Simcoe, centennial & centennial!
I let my kids name my beers!

Not the weekend, but going to brew on Monday I believe. Going to do my take on an Irish red (admittedly it was an Irish red I pulled off beersmith and tweaked only a small bit) and going to do a couple 1 gallon batch of straight two row for my wild yeast. Can't wait!

First I wanna thank everyone for making this site a great treausure for all us homebrewers! This is my first post. Gonna do a 11 gallons of SMaSH pilsner tomorrow on my herms. German pilsner malt and saaz hops. With temperature in the 90's it will be a sweaty brew day!

First I wanna thank everyone for making this site a great treausure for all us homebrewers! This is my first post. Gonna do a 11 gallons of SMaSH pilsner tomorrow on my herms. German pilsner malt and saaz hops. With temperature in the 90's it will be a sweaty brew day!

Amen! Central Texas was 92.

Today heat index was in the upper 90s - tomorrow's high is supposed to be 80, so Brew Day! The cream ale is still in last fermentation stages but the Flat Tire Crone is over half gone. Getting ready to do Da Yooper's House Pale Ale (no Crystal 20 though, gotta use 40...) Yay!

Brewed a clone of the DFH Tweason'ale yesterday (recipe found on the forum here) for my wife. The first picture was right after oxygenated and the yeast was pitched (about 11:45pm) & the second picture was this morning around 4:00am. She was starting to bubble away!!

2.5 gallon batch and the OG came in at 1.071!! I wonder how far Wyeast 1318 (London Ale III) will take it down??

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465828342.230468.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465828355.035617.jpg

Want to brew another batch of my house IPA that has gone over well with both the beer and non-beer crowds. I call it Green Warrior for the hops used (Green Bullet and Warrior). I also hope get a Cream of Three Crops ale done the following weekend.

Back