So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a double Classic American Pilsner today. I was calling it malt liquor, but I said that in the LHBS and two of the three working there got real quiet. So, I decided I'd go with double CAP. Hopefully it's not too bad, otherwise I'm going to stay lit until I make the keg go away!

Yooper's Oatmeal Stout brew day went pretty smoothly. Hopefully, I'll see some activity in the blow-off in the moning. Pitched the yeast at about 3:30 pm and the yeast was packaged Dec. 10th, so it should nice and fresh!

IMG_20141221_153433771.jpg

IMG_20141221_153613717.jpg

Just finished brewing a 10 gallon all grain (BIAB) split batch of a belgian pale ale with grains of paradise, tangerine peel, cloves, saffron and vanilla bourbon soaked french oak chips. Split the batch into 2 fermenters and used WLP500 "Monastery" Ale Yeast and WLP515 Antwerp Ale Yeast (De Koninck). Ended up with a higher gravity (1.065) than expected due to my new 220,000 BTU burners, but hey, tasted pretty delicious.

2014-12-21 15.28.37.jpg

2014-12-21 20.02.46.jpg

Gonna whip up 3.5 gallons of a IIPA when my brother comes into town for the holiday this weekend...

7.7lb 2-Row
7oz American - Victory
6.5oz C40
4oz Carapils
3.2oz Dextrose
10.2oz Flaked Wheat
7oz Vienna

1 oz Calypso Pellet 15.1 Boil 60 min 10.53
1 oz Galaxy Pellet 13.3 Boil 60 min 9.28
1 oz Calypso Pellet 15.1 Boil 30 min 8.1
1 oz Galaxy Pellet 13.3 Boil 30 min 7.13
1 oz Cascade Pellet 7.8 Boil 10 min 1.97
1 oz Galaxy Pellet 13.3 Boil 10 min 3.36
1 oz Calypso Pellet 15.1 Whirlpool at 190 °F 20 min 32.31
1 oz Cascade Pellet 7.8 Whirlpool at 190 °F 20 min 16.69
0.64 oz Cascade Pellet 7.8 Dry Hop 3 days
0.64 oz Galaxy Pellet 13.3 Dry Hop 3 days
0.64 oz Calypso Pellet 15.1 Dry Hop 3 days

WLP 001

OG 1.080 FG 1.019 ABV: 7.98% IBU: 89.38

trying an experiment this weekend..I made a dark brown ale that turned out more like a porter(but yummy as hell) so im trying same recipe and adding vanilla and coco nibs to secondary to see how it turns out

Just pitched my yeast in Morebeer.com's American IPA. It was my first time using them. Previously I have always gone with Northern Brewer or something from my LHBS. Finished at 1.062, on the high end of their estimate.

Brewing a brewers best American Light extract kit with my dad before we watch the Detroit Lions upset the Packers

Got two brews planned for this weekend... I still can't decide what style I want to brew for the first one (DIPA is the second... that's a lock).

I'm either thinking a blonde, an English Mild or something along those lines. I need a quick turn around to keep my pipeline filled.

Feel free to throw suggestions at me.

Made my gingerbread flavoring for the 2 gallons of Yooper's Oatmeal stout that I'm going to split off in about a week. Soaking in vodka, in the fridge.

Just mashed in for a Citra IPA bittered with magnum. Just sitting and enjoying a pipe now. Great morning so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Modified my cooler MLT with a cpvc manifold this morning...thinking I may do raging red IRA in addition to my dads american light extract kit tomorrow

Once I get a pile of bottling out of the way (Centennial Blonde and Apfelwein), a batch of Skeeter Pee.

Bottled two five gallon batchs, a Yooper House Ale and a IPA. Then brewed a five gallon honey ale and a five gallon nut brown ale. I think I will re organize my brew stuff and throw some pre cleaned bottles in the dish washer to get ready for next week end.

Brewing up an 8 gallon batch of brown ale to sour with ECY-20 Bug County. Biggest single batch I've done, but I'm boiling in two vessels for safety purposes.

Not brewing this weekend, but I will be doing a brew on the 1st. Brewing a RIS that's going to max out my mash tun for a club barrel brew.

I will be either brewing on New Years Day, or building a stirplate and playing with yeast starters and then brewing on Saturday. Next beer in the queue is a simple cream ale
  • 85% American pale ale malt
  • 15% corn
  • I haven't decided which hops to use because I don't have any Cluster, maybe Willamette.
  • Nottingham yeast.

Latest posts

Back