So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a 12 gal batch of Blonde w/ a brew buddy. Mine wort is warming a few degrees in the ferm chamber before I pitch & oxygenate

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brewed on Sunday for the first time in 6 months I believe. Good to be brewing again I made a Calypso hopped Saison that is fermenting happily.

Rye Pale Ale this weekend. 3rd weekend in a row. LHBS recommended grains of paradise for rye beers. What do you guys think?

Meant to brew last weekend but ended up spending much of the weekend in bed sick, so it'll be two batches this weekend. An English Summer Ale (think pale Bitter with a ton of late hops), and round 2 of trying to clone Coniston Bluebird Bitter.

Put a chainbreaker clone down last night. Using MJ Belgian ale yeast which is supposed to want 26+C.
This morning I found the temp had dropped to 22 as my ghetto tin foil around inspection lamp heater had blown the bulb. Beer was bubbling away nicely though.

I've got a big brew weekend ahead of me. I'll definitely be doing an all grain BIAB chocolate peanut butter stout and an extract with specialty grains imperial stout that I plan on aging until fall or winter. I'll also be definitely starting a sparkling wine. I've made a sparkling wine kit before but they no longer sell it so I've bought a juice that I think matches what was in the other kit and will be bottle conditioning it. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes out as well as the first.

If I've got time and energy after all that I've also got the ingredients for an extract amber. If I'm feeling really energetic and experimental I've been wanting to try doing a second runnings beer. I may try making one from the grains in my two stouts, though maybe a second runnings stout isn't a good idea as it would be too weak to be worth it.

Of course, to get all of those going I'm going to need to move the IPA and red from primary to secondary to free up fermenting buckets.

Oof! I think I'm going to have to cut out of work early on Friday. :)

Teaching an Intro to All Grain course for college community ed. We'll be making making a batch of Special Bitter using the BIAB method. Should be fun.

I'm moving a honey ale and a Mexican cerveza to secondary to free up some buckets and then maybe an Octoberfest to let sit. I may even do an irish red but who knows.

Keg #1 - Brewers Best Summer Ale
Keg #2 - Empty
Primary #1- Brewers Best American Cream Ale
Primary #2- Brewers Best Kolsh
Yeah I do kits!

I'm moving a honey ale and a Mexican cerveza to secondary to free up some buckets and then maybe an Octoberfest to let sit. I may even do an irish red but who knows.

Keg #1 - Brewers Best Summer Ale
Keg #2 - Empty
Primary #1- Brewers Best American Cream Ale
Primary #2- Brewers Best Kolsh
Yeah I do kits!

That summer ale is gooooood!

Going to do northern brewer extra pale ale, and the centennial blonde that is so popular in the recipes. Both extract brews. Want to have them ready for labor day weekend and my fantasy football drafts. Im thinking about doing a big beer afterwards. One I can let sit for a while. But, I've only made one palatable batch of beer, so far. So, if these aren't good, ill be extremely discouraged. Happy brewing

Almost in the boil for my house amarillo pale ale that I'll be serving up with my home brew club at a local fest next month!

Doing my first iteration of my Studio Saison and bottling my Midgar Mitteldunkel! Late to the summer brewing season on the saison, but eh.

Finally gonna make that smoked porter I've been waiting for. Then maybe a cream ale on Thursday.

Don't know if I'll brew but I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on some ingredients for a blond ale that ill jazz up with some cascade and/or centennial. Will be at a tasting over at my local LHBS.

State pin the grains steepin the grains.... Sounds like a Judas Priest song

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Session IPA going right now. I am proud to say I picked the hottest night of the year to do this

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm hoping my first attempt at harvesting yeast (Belle Saison) and making a starter works. If it does, I'm going to get ingredients to brew a Citra Saison, but I'm going to swap pale malt for pilsner and add a little extra Citra by adding a dry hop step. Sunday will be bottling day for Hi-Nelson Saison w/Hibiscus. Brew Day may have to wait for Monday, depending on the yeast situation and timing.

DSC05117.jpg

Looks like a good day in S.E. Wisconsin. Mashing in on an IPA, good tunes, venny stew in the crockpot. Should be a tasty day!! :mug:

Doing my redo on the Dampfbier this AM. Liquid Weizen yeast was DOA last time so I went with Danstar dry Weizen yeast this time.

Back