So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone. It lightened up a bit from brew day. Hit FG on the head at 1.010, so I think I did everything right. Also brewed up a quick Citrus wheat based on the recipe section. Nice light change of pace.

My Timothy Landlord/ NB Innkeeper ale went pretty good. Got a little better attenuation than planned. Hit a 1.047 gravity. Couldnt get my mash ph up used very little burton salts / RO water. The burton salts baggie says contains gypsum/papain. Wonder what a mash of 5.0 or less will do to this beer. Used burton ale yeast also. Shure has some sulfer to it going on in the blowoff jar.

I brewed a large porter and split it into three - a regular porter, a vanilla porter, and a mole porter. Can't wait!
Sparge - Boil - then into fermenter #1

IMG-20130310-00153.jpg

IMG-20130310-00155.jpg

Marshfield-20130310-00158.jpg

Care to share? I haven't bee able to find Raging B!tch since I moved and it's one of my all time favorite beers.

Their web site claims 2 malts: Base Malt, crystal 60. Warrior, Columbus (CTZ), and Amarillo.

So I based the recipe off of these two threads: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/raging-*****-clone-281500/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you-brew-recipe-flying-dog-raging-*****-313458/

No brewing anytime soon for me. We're moving in 2 weeks. I'm just trying to get as much bottled as possible. I've got 5 sours in various stages of aging, and I'm scared sh!tless to move them. Gonna try to bottle an oud bruin and a berliner weisse before hitting the road. The rest will just have to brave the trip I suppose.

ICWiener said:
No brewing anytime soon for me. We're moving in 2 weeks. I'm just trying to get as much bottled as possible. I've got 5 sours in various stages of aging, and I'm scared sh!tless to move them. Gonna try to bottle an oud bruin and a berliner weisse before hitting the road. The rest will just have to brave the trip I suppose.

That sounds about like me a few weeks ago. The only thing I had left in my house right before we moved was my last beer finishing up and my bottling supplies! Granted I only had one batch and it wasn't a sour, but I feel your pain! I just did my first brew day last Friday in the new place!

The only thing I had left in my house right before we moved was my last beer finishing up and my bottling supplies!

Nice. I feel bad for the movers, over the past three weeks I've bottled a saison w/brett C, an apricot cider, a japanese plum cider, and tonight I'm bottling a citra pale ale. And I still have to finish up those two sours from my earlier post. Those guys are going have to move A LOT of cases of beer. I'll be moving the remaining sours myself. They'll require a gentle touch.

my 50th birthday on Friday:rockin:, so brewing a SMaSH Pale Ale to commemorate

MO & Centennial. wanted to make it 1/2 Centennial;), but then it wouldn't be a SMaSH

OG will be 1.050, SRM 5.0, IBU 50.0 and ABV% 5.0

color is a little light for an ES/S Bitter, so I'm counting on you guys not to report me to BJCP

Doing a 4g batch of MO EKG SMaSH IPA tonight, which is my Weekend.

Bottled a 5.5g batch of IIPA, last night. Gonna be an enamel stripper for sure insanely hopped w/ 230IBU

Finally got to brew- only the second brew day of the year, I couldn't believe it. Made a big american IIPA and had a blast- hit all my numbers and was done in a timely fashion. Super smooth brew day. Wife will be brewing her British IIPA this weekend with a friend over while I'm travelling. Looking forward to drinking some hoppy beers again!

Doing two 10 gallon all grain brews this weekend.

10 gallons of Speckeled Heffer and 10 gallons of Dead Ringer IPA.

- Destin

Hopefully,I'll be able to bottle one of my two current batches this weekend so I can wash some of the WL029 yeast. Gunna use it in a PM NZIPA.

I am, I'm brewing a smoked ale. Almost 6lbs of Beachwood and Cherrywood smoked malt together for this 5.5 gallon batch. I'm looking for some intense smoke for this beer! I am also upgrading my MLT to 10 gallons finally! I need more space!

I'm brewing but I don't know what yet. I'm looking at four grain kits on my shelf and I'm not sure which I want to do yet.

I have an 1800's-style English IPA, Deadringer IPA kit, a tweaked version of Big Honkin' Stout, and a Racer 5 clone.

What to brew what to brew.

I wish I was brewing this weekend... I have the ingredients for a few beers I really want to get brewing, but lack an adequate number of primary fermentors. I'm about to go buy another bucket or two so I can get brewing!

I wish I was brewing this weekend... I have the ingredients for a few beers I really want to get brewing, but lack an adequate number of primary fermentors. I'm about to go buy another bucket or two so I can get brewing!

if you can do a 10-gallon batch, and can catch Derek at the right time, snag one of his "empty" LME containers for use as a fermenter. + a bottling bucket spigot for a blowoff tube/airlock

I air-quoted "empty" because there's at least a lb or 2 still left in it. he gave me one a month ago with enough extract in it for a small batch and I would have done that, but ironically didn't have a fermenter for it.

IMG_8312.jpg

if you can do a 10-gallon batch, and can catch Derek at the right time, snag one of his "empty" LME containers for use as a fermenter. + a bottling bucket spigot for a blowoff tube/airlock

I air-quoted "empty" because there's at least a lb or 2 still left in it. he gave me one a month ago with enough extract in it for a small batch and I would have done that, but ironically didn't have a fermenter for it.

Nice! I saw Huaco's thread where he stuffed three of those in his chest freezer (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/33-gallons-fermentation-space-372521/) and immediately got to thinking about asking him about what he does with those when they are kicked. I think the next time I'm there I'll ask him. I'd like to get up to 10 gal batches pretty soon, and this seems like a great way to go about it.

I'll be making a weird 8% stout somewhere between extra and imperial. Lots of dark malts, lots of flaked barley. From that grist, I'll also be doing a little one gallon experimental batch.

Brewing a big (est. 1.109) sour barleywine this weekend, and beer-gods permitting, a parti gyle as well.

Bryan

Brewing my first batch this weekend! A 5 gallon Partial Mash hefeweizen. my LHBS had a recipe for it so I am using that. It's Hallertauer and Tettnang hops. I'm excited!

lumpher said:
just brewed a hefeweizen this afternoon. waiting for it to start popping soon :D

What yeast did you use? My last Hef was pretty explosive with WLP380!

I just finished a Belgium ale kit from NB it was a perfect brew session! I can't wait to taste it when it's ready in September!

Back