So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on brewing yesterday but my ingredients didn't arrive by Friday like I expected so I've pushed it to next Sunday. I haven't brewed since last April due to moving across the country, starting a new job, and working 100 hrs a week since June. This will also be my first all grain batch and the first batch I've bottled in 3 years (I sold my kegerator, kegs, etc. to finance my move last summer)..... I feel just like I did the first time I brewed about 7 years ago, very excited and pretty nervous as well. I'm making a really simple American pale ale with falconer's flight and millennium hops (Millennium Falcon PA). I hope this is the beginning of making 200 gallons (since, you know, that's the most we're allowed to make ;) )per year again like I used to......

Brewing a new recipe on Sunday ... a French Saison ... Well since its not true to form it'll be more of a French Farmhouse Ale .. I'm quite excited for this one!

Well it's going to be 32F for a high this weekend and I am tired of being in the house.... So it's going to be a brewing weekend! Kiwi IPA, Pale Ale and a Jalapeño Cream Ale.

ck1950 said:
Well it's going to be 32F for a high this weekend and I am tired of being in the house.... So it's going to be a brewing weekend! Kiwi IPA, Pale Ale and a Jalapeño Cream Ale.

The kiwi IPA and the jalapeño Cream ale definitely sound interesting ... In a good way

Decided on first Saison of the season--gonna drop 1oz of Calypso at whirlpool to try out this new hop and pitch a combo 3711/530 yeast I pulled from a Tripel (3711 to finish, but I left original yeast in to see what the mix will do).

Decided on first Saison of the season--gonna drop 1oz of Calypso at whirlpool to try out this new hop and pitch a combo 3711/530 yeast I pulled from a Tripel (3711 to finish, but I left original yeast in to see what the mix will do).

That sounds like a good combo, i was thinkin of using the belgian saison I had and finishing with the 530. Also giving it a solid flameout and dry hopping

Piratwolf said:

I'm brewing my first ever recipe up top any pointers would be cool

renderman said:
I'm brewing my first ever recipe up top any pointers would be cool

For me, the main thing is to mash fairly low. Usually I go about 148. Helps to get that dry finish.

Did an oatmeal stout today, absolutely crushed it on efficiency, recipe called for 1.052 OG and ended up at 1.062 with the same volume! Got to use my shiny new stir plate with a kölsh yeast starter the brewmaster at work hooked me up with (working at a brewpub is great) He said to me "this should make a fine stout" and I was searching for a name to give this new recipe, I decided "a fine stout" was appropriate =)

Going for my second all-grain BIAB beer this Saturday. It's going to be an APA loosely based on the one with crystal in BCS. Looking for some nice hop flavor and aroma upfront and a nice balance between the malt and bitterness on the back end. It's my first APA too so I think I'll try the classic centennial and cascade combo.

I'm brewing the number 8 this weekend, since Belgians were the reason I started homebrewing.... Now that I have my technique down, I can wait a while for a beer to finish, since I will be bottling a batch every week and running out just when tge next batch will be ready.

Just waking up now, making some coffee and I'll be getting my strike water fired up shortly to brew NB Irish Blonde Ale. I think I'll make a video of it too.

With any luck Ill be brewing three beers.
Chardonnay IPA
Belgian Golden Strong Ale
Coconut cascadian ale.

Brewing my house Pale Ale tomorrow, although it's only my third time trying it and I'm still tweaking the recipe. I've got the malt bill nailed down (9 lbs 2-row, 2 lbs Vienna, 8 oz Carafoam), but I'm trying to find the right hop schedule. Tomorrow's brew will be 1 oz. Zythos at 25 minutes, another oz. at 5 minutes, and a third oz. at flameout.

looks like i am brewing, I thought I had finally got caught up with 2 kegs filled. But I came home yesterday and my wife made a passing comment about how she found our son soaked and chanting BEER (he is 2). Turns out he got into my kegerator and opened up the picnic tap and drained a keg onto the ground to play with.

ARRRGGG, time to lock that sucker, for now I am just leaving the liquid line off.

Brewing a Brown Porter, using home-roasted brown malt and maple sap for the brew water. Should be interesting. If any sap is left over, we'll boil it down and see what we get...

looks like i am brewing, I thought I had finally got caught up with 2 kegs filled. But I came home yesterday and my wife made a passing comment about how she found our son soaked and chanting BEER (he is 2). Turns out he got into my kegerator and opened up the picnic tap and drained a keg onto the ground to play with.

ARRRGGG, time to lock that sucker, for now I am just leaving the liquid line off.

Hahahahahaha

Oh that is great.

Brewing a Bass clone tomorrow. Going to be my first all grain brew. Hoping it all goes as well during the brew as it does in my head thinking about it!

Brewing a Midwest supplies Irish Stout kit on Sunday to show a friend how its done... Not sure if I want to add coffee and chocolate or Bourbon soaked oak chips to give it a little flavor...

Brewing a Midwest supplies Irish Stout kit on Sunday to show a friend how its done... Not sure if I want to add coffee and chocolate or Bourbon soaked oak chips to give it a little flavor...

If you do bourbon oak it will take awhile to mellow enough to be tasty, just a heads up. I love me a whiskey stout, but it takes time

Brewing my house Pale Ale tomorrow, although it's only my third time trying it and I'm still tweaking the recipe. I've got the malt bill nailed down (9 lbs 2-row, 2 lbs Vienna, 8 oz Carafoam), but I'm trying to find the right hop schedule. Tomorrow's brew will be 1 oz. Zythos at 25 minutes, another oz. at 5 minutes, and a third oz. at flameout.

That sound's good.

I'm brewing my house APA as well Saturday morning! My recipe is strikingly similar to yours
7.5 lbs 2-row, 1.5 lbs Vienna, 8oz C-60
OG: 1.050
38 IBU's
Centennial, Cascade and Citra for bittering with 1/3 oz each whirlpool and dry hop 1/2oz each :rockin:

A good Pale Ale is so tasty and drinkable to me I don't know why I mess around with any other recipe.

2nd batch this year of Spotted Cow clone,gotta keep SWMBO happy.
Just got my starter goin`.Brew day starts tomorrow at 9 am.

Cheers

Brewing NB's Kiwi Express AG kit. A couple of non-brewing (but interested) buddies are coming over to watch. Should be a good time.

roxbob said:
Brewing a Brown Porter, using home-roasted brown malt and maple sap for the brew water. Should be interesting. If any sap is left over, we'll boil it down and see what we get...

Wow that sounds awesome! I just tapped my maple trees a few days ago and have about 10 gal of raw sap. Have you done this before?

Back